Should I keep my Speaker boxes?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Tgreg, May 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solace

Solace Forum Resident

Keep the boxes.

2. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I would definitely keep them if you have the space for them. I keep all the boxes for my hi-fi equipment. Nothing better than buying a used item that has the original box. :)

This is a habit I got from my Dad. He kept the box for the Sony Trinitron TV we bought in 88 till the day he got rid of the TV over 20 years later.

3. wpjs

wpjs Forum Resident

yes you should

4. GP

GP Senior Member

Mine took quite a beating en route but I keep them in my storage unit.

[​IMG]

5. btf1980

btf1980 Senior Member

If space is an issue, just flatten and store them in the closet. I do this with all my gear. I sold a pair of Sonus Faber Cremona M a few years ago and the idea of shipping those out in something other than the manufacturer's boxes sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

SamS likes this.
  6. Blue Gecko

Blue Gecko Peace

I kept my Zu Druid boxes and have used them multiple times when moving. They have held up very well. In Nevada the boxes lived in the attic or a spare room. In Wisconsin they now live in the unfinished part of the basement. They are so sturdy, I'd never part with them, except if parting with speakers at same time. Note the black laquer finish on the Zus survived unscratched after multiple moves.

7. G E

G E Senior Member

Keep the boxes. Slice the cellophane tape and fold them them. They now occupy less than 2" depth wherever.

Any styrofoam inserts should be bagged and stored in the attic. Or under the bed .,, unless your mother in Law is already there....

8. Tgreg

Tgreg Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks all; makes complete sense, for this novice, reading through all of the post. new at "Hi Fi"...bought these amazing Zu Omen II speakers..never thought I would pay 1,000 for a pair of speakers...seems to be good price for these, used. They blow me away...only makes sense to keep the boxes, especially after reading all of your post. I'll flatten the boxes, spray with the chemical insect/pest spray mentioned and store in "contractor" bags, someone mentioned. If I can't find a bag big enough, guess I can put a bag on each end and tape. Greatly appreciate all of the advice and input..one of the reasons I LOVE this forum.

9. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i have my klipsch boxes in the rafters above the garage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.