Show us your vinyl collection setup

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by RelayerNJ, Apr 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

It's neither a collection nor a library. It's a record store!

RelayerNJ and Rupe33 like this.
  2. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Beautiful! It's already about full. Time to order another!
    What was the mistake?

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  3. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

So jealous about most of you guys' pictures. My vinyl (and general media) collection still seems to be very tiny then (although I started collecting LPs since 2001).
    Here's my junk. And yes I know I store my LPs very unhealthy at the moment. I will move to another flat soon this year and will built up self made shelves with my brother then, so please don't complain.^^

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Tommyboy, AJK74, Johnny Reb and 8 others like this.
  4. Guy E

Guy E Senior Member

I culled the collection to fit and have about 5'-0" of LP's in the basement.. there's no "other" in the cards.

Mistake: they recessed the back into the depth of the LP storage, reducing the depth by about 5/16". The LP's are still recessed, but closer to the front than I had planned. It's fine. I revised the dimension of the spacers behind the 45's so they align with the LP's.

It looks good, better than the picture. And the little room sounds better too. Or maybe the Mediabridge speaker cable has improved the performance of the ELAC speakers more than I expected.

jon9091 likes this.
  5. Guy E

Guy E Senior Member

Hey, if you're in my neighborhood, the door is always open. However, I have three criteria for visitors. 1). You must speak English. 2). You must speak English. 3). You must speak English.

6. richardda

richardda Forum Resident

I like the rocking chair. I collect mission stuff also. Stickley?

Guy E likes this.
  7. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Pretty much exactly what I was just going to say.:righton:

Guy E and jon9091 like this.
  8. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

They turned out very nice Guy, congrats! And the price...:righton:

Guy E likes this.
  9. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

They look really nice and $1,500 is a great price for that work. It definitely would have cost you a lot more on this side of the ocean.

I need to get some pictures of my collection up. I had some custom shelves built as well. Maybe later today :)

Guy E likes this.
  10. Beatnik_Daddyo'73

Beatnik_Daddyo'73 Music Addiction Personified

R.I.P........ as of late last year I am back to strictly CD's and digi-files. The vinyl was fun the ten or so years I had them and there are a few I will really miss, but it just wasn't economical or compact enough for myself and my life. ("Life" not Wife :D)
    No regrets here..... music is awesome no matter how you get it in your ears... :cool::thumbsup:

11. CaseyJames

CaseyJames Relaxed Fit Jeans Vibe

[​IMG]

Nothing too fancy. Found a used Expedit on craigslist that was sort of beat up/scuffed up so I decided to wrap it in wood. Added some casters to get it off the ground and give it some mobility. A couple weeks ago, I made some matching tilted speaker stands.

12. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Looks great!
    By the way, the LP cover in the front right looks censored. I wonder what's it called... "Nice As..."

Gasman1003 likes this.
  13. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

Crazy to look back on just three years, there is now 7 Lekviks of CDs, and almost 16 facings of LPs in Expedits. Gotta love thrift stores.

14. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Just saw this. Gee! I think my collection would look like this but in 30 years hopefully.^^

Juggsnelson likes this.
  15. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

This is fantastic! Think we have a winner here.

maui jim, No Static, Guy E and 3 others like this.
  16. Rupe33

Rupe33 Senior Member

That'd be Nice As F--k, which is a Jenny Lewis side project.

CaseyJames and andrewskyDE like this.
  17. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

It's amazing how fast they all add up!!! Cheers!

Guy E and andrewskyDE like this.
  18. DPM

DPM Senior Member

Update: Overflow has occurred.

19. Guy E

Guy E Senior Member

My NYC reference point is definitely warped when it comes to prices, but it would have cost a lot more in any region of the USA (or North America).

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  20. Guy E

Guy E Senior Member

I don't think it has a mark (I only looked once) so it's probably a generic knock-off from back in the day (antique Sears & Roebuck?). I have a matching upright chair. My mother espied them at a local antique shop in NJ in the early-80's; she bought me one for my birthday and had me reimburse her for the matching chair. They were $200 each... a real steal (even back then). I need to get the cushions reupholstered, which is also an easy, eager service 'round these parts.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  21. btbderek

btbderek Kick Out The Jams

Just moved into my first home, finally have a dedicated music room for my records and music equipment, don't have my pictures and my posters hung up, this pales in comparison to most setups in this thread but I absolutely love it so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    Porkpie, djost, Erik B. and 21 others like this.
  22. Fender Relic

Fender Relic Forum Resident

I dig your room! Looks like a real musician hang out. As long as it inspires you to play and listen well then it's a success!

superstar19, btbderek and BrewCrew82 like this.
  23. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Those doors are awesome!

24. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Mine scrunched up too. I now put my covers in with the opening facing the top which stopped that issue, though of course you have to completely remove the cover to remove a record, but overall it's easier.

25. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

That would work, but isn't it hard to read the spine (assuming you store them sideways)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.