Shows that had atmosphere changes

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by jason88cubs, Jul 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

My favorite seasons are 4 - 7. The tone definitely changed after Rhoda left but I feel it became stronger. Plus having Sue Ann on more is just a winner to me! Again, I would have loved to have more seasons but I think the show ended right at the right time.

Manapua likes this.
  2. Tanx

Tanx Forum Resident

The first episode of "Sleepy Hollow" was genuinely chilling. A couple time-travel jokes, but mostly really good suspense. As more characters were added, the whole thing got diluted to the point where I didn't even bother with the final season. A shame, since Tom Mison is a tremendous talent.

guy incognito likes this.
  3. Jay_Z

Jay_Z Forum Resident

I think MTM was hurt in syndication because the original show was so different. MTM started in 1970, and one of the trends was more laid back, gentle entertainment after the frenzy of the 1960s. MTM had some of that. Long conversations between Mary and Rhoda or Mary and Phyllis. Not what people were expecting.

4. goodiesguy

goodiesguy Confide In Me

Lisa also went from in those early Seasons to an interested, knowledgeable and curious character interested in the world around her to a preachy know it all that is just downright annoying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.