Shure V15-type 3

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by RetroSmith, Oct 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RetroSmith

RetroSmith Forum Hall Of Fame<br>(Formerly Mikey5967) Thread Starter

Guys , I have a Shure V15 type three....but its the kind that "snaps in"...there are no screw holes to fasten it to the headshell.

The problem is that one of the posts that snaps in has broken off. Which isnt a big deal because my two tables both need the cart to screw in.

Question-- is there any kind of adapter that I can use to mount this to a headshell with screw connectors, AND is there a third party stylus for this that doesnt cost a fortune? I want to use this to dub 45s to Digital tape...thats all, so a cheaper srtylus would be great.

Any help you guys can give will be appreciated!!

thanks,

Mikey

2. Richard Feirstein

Richard Feirstein New Member

Give Shure customer relations a call. Perhaps they can fix you up with a new body for your existing stylus or offer you a trade-in. They are good folks to deal with.

Richard.

3. Alan T

Alan T Senior Member

Are you sure you want to use such an old cartage on your records?

4. RetroSmith

thanks Richard

5. RetroSmith

Alan, Ive heard that this cart was really good. Do you have info to the contrary?

6. Alan T

Alan T Senior Member

Yes it is very good; I used one in the late 1970's and early 1980's.

But according to info I've heard here they only have a lifespan of about 5-8 years before some of the components go south. This cart went out of production in mid 1980's. If you want I'll send you my old one, which has standard mount, and no stylus. But I think you would be better off buying a new M97xE that is basically an updated version that can be had for $89.95 on the net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.