Sicario 2- Due June 2018

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by noname74, Dec 19, 2017.

1. noname74

noname74 We The North. Thread Starter

Here's the trailer:

No Villeneuve or Blunt but pretty much everyone else is back including the same writer.

2. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

No Blunt?
    Pity.
    Wonder why she opted out.

3. townsend

townsend Forum Resident

I can't imagine this being near as good as the first one . . . it's very rare that a sequel exceeds or even equals its predecessor.

4. noname74

noname74 We The North. Thread Starter

As much as I like her I don't think she belongs in this movie. It was very clear in the first one that she did not believe in how these people worked and in their minds the end justified the means. It would have been a stretch for her character to decide what they are doing is ok and join them.

Bubba Zanetti and Jimbo62 like this.
  5. alexpop

Preferred Benicio Del Toro myself.
    But the feminine touch gave the film / subject matter the fear factor.

6. agentalbert

agentalbert Forum Resident

I agree. And I don't think I'd like to see a movie about her trying to take them down either. Benicio was the star of that movie, to me. But the mystery surrounding his past and what he was doing is gone, so if this is just him being a bada$$ and taking out cartel guys, I don't know.

Okay, just watched the trailer. That looks pretty generic. Villenueve not being there is more of a big deal to me than Emily Blunt not being in this. I know you can't judge completely by the trailer, but that just looks like a maybe okay action movie with action movie clichè dialog.

noname74 likes this.
  7. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

I'm in, it's my kinda flick. That said, without Blunt it seems like it'll just be another shoot 'em up/blow 'em up!;) Which will automatically make it inferior to the 1st.

8. Tokyo Ghost

Tokyo Ghost Forum Resident

The writer of the first movie, Taylor Sheridan, is writing this new one too. His most recent film, Wind River, got really good reviews. So hopefully this new film will be a worthy sequel. I doubt it will be typical Hollywood action flick. Trailers can be misleading.

9. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Forum Resident

Taylor Sheridan on what we can expect: "When I told them I would write it, they asked for the traditional studio call and the outline and all that, and I said, “No, no, no, guys. The first one was original. I’m just going to go away and I’m going to come back with it and there you go.” And they trusted me to do that, and then read it and were like, “Ah, ****. We’re in a lot of trouble.” It makes the first one look like a comedy. Yeah. I’m not the guy to ask to write a sequel." (Yikes!)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    alexpop likes this.
  10. alexpop

If they keep to the script it should be good then. Wasn't impressed with the trailer..looked a bit formula.