DCC Archive Sinatra/Stan Getz question for Steve

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Arne, Oct 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arne

Arne Guest Thread Starter

Hi Steve,

1) Rhino Records' web site lists the release of "Rat Pack At The Sands" for
    11/6. Will we ever see any more "new" Sinatra material on DCC or will
    Artanis - how shall I put it - release further stuff through Rhino?

2) I only recently got around to the DCC version of the Stan Getz/Charlie
    Byrd collaboration, and I love it. But what made the DCC folks choose this
    one? To my opinion, this is in fact one of the few "classic" Verve Stan Getz
    albums that, at the time, had already seen a CD release one could live with,
    which cannot be said about the Getz/Almeida or even the legendary
    Getz/Gilberto sessions, which have only recently seen their first listenable
    CD edition in the Master series (I hate to say this, but the MFSL really
    sucks, I'll probably give it away). BTW, Getz/Almeida would make a great DCC
    release.

Yours, Arne

2. Ben

Ben New Member

Hey, Arne...

Let me chime in here...I have the Getz/Gilberto on vinyl and MOFI Gold CD....I really love the MOFI...clear, bassy, and Stan's sax makes my rib cage vibrate...

I'd love to hear some more opinions on this.

Thanks,

Ben
    :rolleyes:

3. Arne

Hi,

the bassy sound and the weird stereo imaging is exactly what I dislike on the MOFI. In fact, there is almost no sonic difference between the MOFI Gold disc and previous regular Verve releases from the 70s and 80s. The current Verve Master Digipak is the first to deliver the recorded performance in very much the same way my gatefold LP from the mid-60s does. Obviously, all other reissues used the same wrong tape with its heavy, distorted bass. I'd really like Steve to comment on this! ;)

4. Arne

Hi,

the bassy sound and the weird stereo imaging is exactly what I dislike on the MOFI. In fact, there is almost no sonic difference between the MOFI Gold disc and previous regular Verve releases from the 70s and 80s. The current Verve Master Digipak is the first to deliver the recorded performance in very much the same way my gatefold LP from the mid-60s does. Obviously, all other reissues used the same wrong tape with its heavy, distorted bass. I'd really like Steve to comment on this! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.