Sinatra: The Capitol Years, 21-CD Box Set at Amazon UK: STEAL OF A DEAL!

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by tone ded freb, Jul 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

The shipment is again postponed another week... :sigh: Lets' see... Has anyone got it already?

2. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

Matt's Sinatra page has been such a valuable resource for me...thanks again! :thumbsup:

3. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

Was it just a case of "too good to be true" ?

4. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

I do notice that the box set is once again listed as available new from Amazon.co.uk ("usually dispatched within 7 to 11 days"), but the price has increased to £231.22 ($317.25 shipped, to the US).

5. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

In the Frank Sinatra threads on this forum, the 21-CD box set from Amazon UK is well-liked. This is the large box set featured in the first post of this thread.

The 14-CD set in the slim box ("The Concept Albums") has mastering by Bob Norberg. These are the same mastering as the CDs of the individual titles, which are the current versions out in the U.S. The Norberg mastered versions are hated, hated, hated in the Frank Sinatra threads on this forum. The 21-CD box from Amazon UK is NOT Norberg versions.

Norberg's work is pretty despised on this forum. Search the name on this forum, or look at the Al Green threads (Norberg did the current versions of the Al Green albums).

6. TheHypnoToad

TheHypnoToad Senior Member

Nope. Got the same notice and am still optimistic that it will eventually show up. Since I dropped a bunch of cash at the Sundazed garage sale, my wallet can wait.

7. Ere

Ere Senior Member

Is the 21 disc set in the original post AKA "the suitcase"?

8. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I think "the suitcase" refers to the Reprise box, not this one. The 21 disc set just comes in a large cardboard box.

9. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

No, different label. The "suitcase" is THE COMPLETE REPRISE STUDIO RECORDINGS (20 discs), so named because it was first released in 1995 as a limited-edition leather-bound trunk. (Later issued in a cardboard box set in 1998.)

Suitcase.jpg

10. beatlesfan68

beatlesfan68 Forum Resident

I received an e-mail from Amazon today that my order has been canceled. The supplier cannot deliver the goods to Amazon due to the box set being out of print.
    :shake:

11. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

I received the same message as well...

12. TheHypnoToad

TheHypnoToad Senior Member

+2 :rant:

13. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
    kennyluc1 and Simon A like this.
  14. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

15. kennyluc1

kennyluc1 Frank Sinatra collector

Has anybody noticed what this essential out of print Box Set is selling for now on the second hand market. There is 1 on E bay, just, one...price : $2,000.00 buy it now
    WOW

MLutthans likes this.
  16. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

That is nuts. I'd sell mine for $1000:D:cheers:

eddiel and Simon A like this.
  17. Dave Garrett

Dave Garrett Senior Member

There's a big difference between the asking price for an item and what it's selling for. If you search eBay completed listings using the UPC, you'll see that the last two copies of this set on eBay that actually sold went for $156 and $130, in May and July respectively. And that doesn't cover other copies that may have been listed with information such as the UPC missing.

kennyluc1 and MLutthans like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.