Singapore Record Store recommendations

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Tgreg, Jun 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tgreg

Tgreg Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hi All,

Will be in Singapore, for a few days on a trip to my wife's country Indonesia. Don't have much hope of finding anything in Indonesia, but we'll be in Singapore for a few days. Anyone have any recommendations of record/cd stores?

2. hockman

hockman Forum Resident

Coming from America, you will find the vinyl pickings in Singapore to be very expensive and relatively limited. Most of the stuff there (including used records) are recently imported from the US, UK or Japan.

This list may help:

Record Stores in Singapore: Where to buy vinyls, cassettes, turntables and record players

Your best bet is to go to the Adelphi, right by City Hall station in the middle of the downtown area. It is an audiophile mecca that packs tons of high end audio stores but there are also some record stores. Mostly audiophile stuff and some overpriced old records. Vinyllucky has lots of nice stuff but prices are obscene. I suggest this mall because it has a few record stores in one location. In a neighboring building, there's For the Record, which has lots of used stuff, again imported from the US.

There is only one store that I would really recommend - Red Point Record Warehouse. It's located out in an old industrial area literally on an upper floor of a warehouse building. It's however easy to get there by the metro (very close to one of the stops) or by Uber. The warehouse space is lined with used records, mostly run-of-the-mill stuff but you can find the occasional gem with some digging. They also have quite a lot of local stuff - old Singaporean, Malaysian and Chinese albums if that's what you are looking for. You should note that it is open only on weekends and certain days of week.

The relevant places are in link above.

3. hockman

hockman Forum Resident

4. Tgreg

Tgreg Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.