Slayer announces final world tour before closing the book

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Count Orfloff, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VinylMario

VinylMario The Crow

Saw it coming. Prolly my favorite band ever. If they make it to where I live, I'll take my son. I'll be willing to bet that Kerry King still has a lot left in his tank. Looking at Solo or new band...

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

I wonder if they would at least release 1 more studio album

Clanceman likes this.
  3. I'm surprised they lasted this long. Who would've thought back in 1986 that any of the thrash bands would keep going until they were pushing senior's discount age? Anyway, Repentless wouldn't be a bad note to go out on.

4. jc1303

jc1303 Forum Resident

I've got all of their albums and still think that they are producing consistently great music. Seen them live twice, at festivals both times, and thought they were brilliant both times.
    Sad if they do retire but I can see why they would do it. Will defo try to see a farewell show if it comes to the UK :cool:

5. :laugh: Love the idea of people taking their kids to a friggin' Slayer show. If they feel safe about doing that, that's perhaps one of the better indicators that the band should pack it in. :)

6. VinylMario

VinylMario The Crow

My son is actually 19 and I've told him so much about them that it'll be a shame if he never experienced a Slayer show...

7. DanielLN

DanielLN New Member

Maybe they'll replace two of their members and have them where exactly the same clothes.

moodyxadi and Zoot Marimba like this.
  8. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

I have seen interviews going back several years where Kerry King and Tom Araya have been hinting about hanging it up. I am really not surprised.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  9. 3coloursbeige

3coloursbeige Forum Resident

Well, I love God Hates Us All and World Painted Blood...but these days I'm always thankful when a band bows out while they still have some credibility left. A very important lesson learned as a result of being a Guns n' Roses fan...

10. stonesfcr

stonesfcr Forum Resident

I'm actually surprised they lasted this long, given the way they (K King) handled the business side of the band, still, nothing will beat their 80's album run, after that I only enjoyed "Christ Illusion"

moodyxadi and Matthew Tate like this.
  11. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

Also a completely false statement.

theshape likes this.
  12. nodeerforamonth

Worst news ever.

That being said, no band ever has had their last show after announcing their last show. There's always a reunion of some sort. Yeah you can say "Black Sabbath", but give them time.

Clanceman, nosliw and Matthew Tate like this.
  13. nodeerforamonth

I would hope so, but doubt it. They would've announced something by now.

They have said that they have 8 rough songs from the Repentless sessions that may be ready to go. But they've been saying that since the album came out.

Clanceman and Matthew Tate like this.
  14. Nice Marmot

Nice Marmot Nothin’ feels right but doin’ wrong anymore

Slayer calling it quits because Araya can't bang his head on stage anymore is why I love Slayer.

15. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

Glad I saw them at least once (if later in their career, 2003) but still with Jeff and Dave. What kind of a Metal fan would I be if I had never seen Slayer.

Matthew Tate and Clanceman like this.
  16. 500Homeruns

500Homeruns Peaceful Punk

I believe it will be the end of Slayer. Like others have mentioned, Tom is ready to be done. Kerry will most likely keep working, but not as Slayer.

17. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Dates are announced.

I think a read an interview with Tom once and he said wouldn't go near the front of a Slayer show himself lol.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  18. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

I pretty much agree with every comment in this thread up to this point. Even the ones that contradict each other.

19. McWolfred

McWolfred The power of the riff compels you!

As a 39 year old Brit I reckon I've seen slayer every two years since donington 92. They've always been good value live, although I must admit that like many I lost interest in their albums after reign-seasons-south. Who could possibly keep up that quality!?
    I'm pleased that they're going out on their own terms. Hope they've been managed well so that they can enjoy a much deserved retirement!

20. Smokin Chains

Smokin Chains Forum Resident

I wish they were doing a tour by themselves instead of the big bill with Anthrax, Testament, etc. Since it's the last, it should be a little more special.

AlmanacZinger, Clanceman and tkl7 like this.
  21. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

I have never seen Slayer, so if they come my way, I will try to do so.

I see that Lamb of God is listed above Anthrax on the tour announcement. Are they really a bigger draw than Anthrax?

Vinyl_Blues and Clanceman like this.
  22. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

I would like to see them again, I last saw them back in 1990-1991.

Matthew Tate and Clanceman like this.
  23. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Please do bro!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. boiledbeans

boiledbeans Forum Resident

A well recorded live performance from July 2017
    (Warning: contains strobe lights!)

Vinyl_Blues, mdm08033, jfeldt and 4 others like this.
  25. hi_watt

hi_watt The Road Warrior

I should go. They're coming to town.

Clanceman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.