Sleater-Kinney is back! (New album)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bRETT, Oct 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeardedSteven

BeardedSteven Forum Resident

I'm the same... I don't dislike Carrie. But I'm a Corin fan all the way. Ever since Heavens to Betsy. Her voice (unholy wail is a great way to describe it) just does something to me.

2. Monosterio

Monosterio Forum Resident

Just to make my position clear, I prefer Corin to Carrie but I'm glad Carrie is there to take the edge off now and then. I would not want Carrie to be the exclusive--or even just the primary--singer.

3. Monosterio

I just listened to the entire Wild Flag album and, while I find it more instantly likable than No Cities, for me the ideal album would be right in the middle -- as catchy as the Wild Flag and as edgy as the new S-K. And that will be S-K's next album, people. I feel it. :agree:

4. Monosterio

Does anyone know when this show will be on? I'm not sure that link is working right.

5. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

DLant and Monosterio like this.
  6. Monosterio

7. LandHorses

I have no idea how Austin City Limits works.........know nothing additional beyond what's in that link. :shrug:
    I hope it's another live cast.

8. Monosterio

Looks like the show airs on Saturdays, and the earliest S-K would be on is sometime in May. April 25 is Jack White. May 2 is Beck. They don't say who's on after that.

http://acltv.com/watch/tv-schedule/

9. You can totally see me. So awesome.

PearlJamNoCode likes this.
  10. Makes two of us. Two killer gigs back-to-back.

LandHorses likes this.
  11. Just give in, man. You don't have to play hard to get with the band. :cool:

12. LandHorses

Today's April 15th..........and we know what means for those of us who live in the States :mad::realmad:............................................
    .....................it's the Sleater-Kinney at Austin City Limits webcast tonight at 9:00 east/8:00 central (do the math for the rest) :bdance:
    http://acltv.com/2015/03/10/new-tapings-sleater-kinney-cassandra-wilson-and-shakey-graves/
    (couldn't find this page last week, but it confirms the webcast)

I'm also getting a refund.

DLant, BeardedSteven and Monosterio like this.
  13. Monosterio

Thanks for that. I wasn't looking forward to staying up till 1 or 2 AM to catch the TV broadcast of Austin City Limits.

14. LandHorses

15. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

16. Totally not paying attention to set lists of groups that change it up during the tour (like Warpaint). I get too jealous. However, given that I was present for Let's Call It Love, I've already achieved my goal, so...I love so more S/T songs though. I'd like to hear Weiss' take on those songs. Patiently awaiting a Fall tour or something.

17. Dave Garrett

Dave Garrett Senior Member

They played two of those (Get Up and Ironclad) in Houston as well, plus Little Babies. I'd have loved to hear them do Leave You Behind, but I'm not sure they've ever performed that one live.

18. fsutall

fsutall Senior Member

Just realized they are playing here in Nashville tonight at a club a mile down the road from my place, and scored tickets on stubhub for $5.00! Can't wait to see them! What sort of merch are they offering on this tour? Any cool posters? Just wondering if I should bring a poster tube with me.

Lil' Brian likes this.
  19. I cannot fathom how much luck is in this post.

fsutall likes this.
  20. Monosterio

If fsutall liked them, wouldn't he have said something already? I would have.

21. (S)he was probably swallowed by a Vortex. Getting into a non-sold out SK gig, on a whim, for basically free sounds like some Twilight Zones s***.

22. Monosterio

Didn't know fsutall is a woman. Thanks.

Btw, was anyone else a bit disappointed in the Austin City Limits concert? It's like they were holding back or something.

23. fsutall

fsutall Senior Member

Had a great time at the show Thursday night! The band was tight and seemed to be having fun. They played most of the new album along with many
    lol! No, it's just been a very busy weekend with the annual marathon yesterday. The show was great and seemed to be packed, no idea why there were so many cheap tickets on stubhub! And while I paid practically nothing to get in, I ended up spending almost $100 on merch...autographed vinyl for $20, tshirt, posters, etc.

DLant and Monosterio like this.
  24. fsutall

fsutall Senior Member

at 6'5" and 215 I'd be pretty scary if I were a woman.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.