Sleater-Kinney: remastered catalog, Start Together vinyl box set to be released

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by couchdave, Sep 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RubenH

RubenH Forum Resident

Very interested to hear how the new vinyl - of any of their releases - sound!

2. audiotom

audiotom I can not hear a single sound as you scream

damn

was going to order this next week after the first reviews
    it's already sold out at BullMoose and Amazon has it from two sellers for an extra $100

any other sources?

3. audiotom

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  4. bobfrombob

bobfrombob Forum Resident

parkmebike likes this.
  5. ianbrown21

ianbrown21 Forum Resident

I emailed ccmusic to confirm its the colour vinyl. They haven't responded yet. I have no history with this store so I want to be extra sure

6. audiotom

I called ccmusic
    they said it was the colored vinyl
    I asked the guy if he was looking at the actual boxset when I gave him the item #
    he said no, it was in a wherehouse in Kentucky and he was in Illinois but it was specified as colored vinyl

7. ianbrown21

Here is a question. Are the black vinyl box versions even out yet?

8. aseriesofsneaks

aseriesofsneaks Forum Resident

According to the listing on the SubPop website, not until December.

PearlJamNoCode likes this.
  9. ianbrown21

Oh ok. Well that makes things a little easier. Thank you

10. audiotom

I ordered from ccmusic and sent a request to cancel my order from sub pop
    will let you know how that turns out

11. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Any copy of the box set you find online that is available to ship immediately or purchase in a record store right now will be colored vinyl. The black version doesn't even exist yet and doesn't come out until December. If you order online and the item is back-ordered or says it won't ship until around December, then yeah it's probably the black version. Pretty easy.

PearlJamNoCode likes this.
  12. andres lira

andres lira Forum Resident

Are the individual records also coloured or you only get them if you order the box?

13. jonnyhambone

jonnyhambone Forum Resident

Yep, colored only in initial run ( /3000) of boxsets. Bummed I paid Amazon price but happy to have one on the way! That ccmusic option is an awesome price and still listed as in-stock

andres lira likes this.
  14. audiotom

from ccmusic

Thank you for contacting Collectors' Choice Music!

Indeed the item is colored.

Please contact us if you have any questions.

Best regards,
    Collectors' Choice Music Sales Support *AD*
    [email protected]
    http://www.ccmusic.com

15. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I think when you order from Subpop you are actually ordering the black vinyl version - since I checked there yesterday.

You must have missed reading this on the website right under where you can order:

PLEASE READ THIS VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE, AS IT WILL HELP INFORM YOU AS TO WHAT YOU ARE BUYING!
    *The limited edition, colored vinyl box set is SOLD OUT.*
    -However, due to overwhelming demand for this pre-order, we are creating a second edition of the deluxe box set which will be pressed on black vinyl, that will be expected to ship by mid-December. All orders placed after 10/10 will receive black vinyl box sets. (Updated 10/10/14; 2:50pm PST)

Anyway, I placed my order yesterday at the Sleater-Kinny webstore, where it is indicated it is IN STOCK - and it states in the news section of the website (posted on 10/20):
    (These have almost completely sold out, but there are a few remaining copies on the Sleater-Kinney store.)

Anyway.. the collectors choice deal is a better price overall. And ImportCDs.com has stock as well for a good price - if you are willing to wait for some time as shipping from them can take a long time, even after you receive a shipping notification:

http://www.importcds.com/music/3958809/sleater-kinney-start-together-7-lp-box-sethandcover

16. About three weeks back I placed an order for this at Amazon.ca for C$129; right now it's saying it should be shipped by Oct 31. We shall see if it materializes, but I'm confident - I had my doubts about the Slint box set, but Amazon came through on it.

17. parkmebike

parkmebike I'm in love with a girl...

18. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

mine is not signed, but the second side is etched with their signatures.

19. RTI according to a sticker on the shipping box.

The set was shipped like the Beatles mono set was, sitting 'suspended' in two dense foam pieces.

jimhb likes this.
  20. jrmitchell72

jrmitchell72 Good at bad decisions

500 signed copies were released.

21. Vern

Vern Forum Resident

I anguished about getting the boxset since it was announced but resisted. After reading comments and seeing photos by those who received their sets I just couldn't stand it anymore.

Boxset ordered!!

22. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

I ordered mine from Insound on Monday, when it was still listed as a "pre-order". When I checked at one point yesterday, I'm pretty sure they had it listed as "in stock", but there is no stock status listed now. I really want the colored vinyl!

23. Jeff SSM

Jeff SSM Forum Resident

I just ordered it from Collectors' Choice Music - which is currently showing that it will ship in 5-10 days. Don't have a good feeling about this but I will see what happens. Has anyone heard the vinyl - how does it sound?

24. hezagenius

hezagenius Active Member

I ordered mine from CC Music last night and it also said shipping in 5-10 days. If it does ship in that window, then it is the colored version. For that price, it was certainly worth trying.

The only downside to not ordering directly from SubPop is you don't get the downloads, but I can live with that.

I've read some initial reactions from people on other forums and the sound is supposed to be good. And the presentation looks amazing.

25. Nothing like cranking SK at 9.05am. Listening to The Woods. Very impressesd so far.

levi and jimhb like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.