Sleater-Kinney: remastered catalog, Start Together vinyl box set to be released

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by couchdave, Sep 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dunkrag

dunkrag Forum Resident

The downloads are 'in the box' whether you order from subpop or not...

[​IMG]

2. dunkrag

dunkrag Forum Resident

I love this set..

Very well put together. The book is great.. .7'' , a lovely surprise.. sturdy box.. gorgeous coloured vinyl, full downloads in lossless or flac, and I've played 'Sleater-Kinney' which sounds fabulous..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

RubenH and andres lira like this.
  3. dunkrag

dunkrag Forum Resident

4. dunkrag

dunkrag Forum Resident

5. dunkrag

dunkrag Forum Resident

6. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

I guess my original marbled colored vinyl of The Woods is now a valuable collector's item. ;)

7. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Looks awesome, I hope Amazon.ca comes thru on my order.

8. parkmebike

parkmebike I'm in love with a girl...

great photos, thanks for sharing. Is The Woods 1LP or 2LP? It appears to be 2LP from your photo.

9. dunkrag

dunkrag Forum Resident

10. andres lira

andres lira Forum Resident

Are the songs spread across three sides and the fourth is an etch one like the original version?
    Thanks for sharing the pics

11. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

Here us what I got from ccmusic.

We regret to inform you that the item is temporarily out of stock and unavailable to ship. We unfortunately do not have a shipping date available for this item. The item will ship as soon as it becomes available. When more information is available, we will notify you. Your credit card account will not be charged until the item is shipped. We apologize for any inconvenience.
    ----------------
    Ugh

12. Yes, 3 sides.

andres lira likes this.
  13. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

Two LPs in to the box set so far and they are very nice, flat, quiet. STERLING in the deadwax of both.

14. Davey

Davey NP: Portishead ~ Portishead (1997)

15. allhandsondeck

allhandsondeck Well-Known Member

I just ordered from Barnes and Noble online. No indication of whether it's the colored vinyl, but the email confirmation says it will ship November 17. That's November, not December. Fingers crossed, but it may just be a typo on their part.

16. aseriesofsneaks

aseriesofsneaks Forum Resident

I told myself I wasn't going to pick this up, but ended up giving in and am glad I did. This is truly an exceptional, well put together set.

My copy didn't include a download card, which isn't that big of a deal, as I already own all of the albums on CD and ripped them to Apple Lossless ages ago.

17. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Where did you buy it?

18. Vern

Vern Forum Resident

I think I just about manage to track down the last copy for sale in the UK. Couldn't believe my luck.

19. crassus515

crassus515 Forum Resident

Anybody yet compare these to the originals? Looks like potential to sound somewhat different given the press release. I've got pressings of all but their first two but...well...;)

pexie likes this.
  20. couchdave

couchdave Founding member of Mystik Spiral Thread Starter

Note that while the original publicity claimed that all seven albums had been newly remastered, according to the Sub Pop website the reissue of The Woods actually features the original mastering: "The Woods is the only album that has not been remastered for the reissue, as it was the most recent recording from Sleater-Kinney, and originally mastered by Greg Calbi already."

21. dunkrag

dunkrag Forum Resident

Correct - which makes me think that 'Line Of Best Fit' reviewer either hasn't listened to it or doesn't know what they are talking about..

22. bobfrombob

bobfrombob Forum Resident

I would still keep an eye out if I were you. Ship date of November 17 sounds to me like its out of stock. Big retailers like B&N and Amazon are usually set up to assume when an item is out of stock, they will get more in 3 weeks or something. If I were you and I got my hands on a copy, I would grab it and cancel the Barnes and Noble order.

Good luck!

23. saurus

saurus Forum Resident

I haven't listened to all of the new LPs yet, but here's a sample a quick sample of Call The Doctor from the new LP, then the original.

https://mega.co.nz/#!YckTRb7B!0Ni5ti4nlsw0Ww-8a4zb9Ao_4WdldqAZ4luXC69LLtA

24. aseriesofsneaks

aseriesofsneaks Forum Resident

I got it at Sonic Boom, but it was the only copy they had.

Deuce66 likes this.
  25. deadcoldfish

deadcoldfish Senior Member

But the vinyl could be a different cut, from the same vinyl master that was used before, which could change at least some of the sound. Or the "LoBF" reviewer is comparing it to the CD issue. Does anyone have the original Woods LP and the new one ? What's in the dead wax for both ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.