Sleeve City now has 10" antistatic record sleeves

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Amnesiac, May 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Forum Resident Thread Starter

mikeyt, subframe, Ere and 1 other person like this.
  2. Blender

Blender Forum Resident

Good looking out. Thanks for the heads-up.

3. marcb

marcb Senior Member

They also have 10" polypro outer sleeves now. I'll be ordering both the next time they have some sort of discount.

mikeyt likes this.
  4. Scott in DC

Scott in DC Forum Resident

I recently bought some round bottom clear poly inner sleeves, similar to the regular LP Nagaoka inner sleeves. Both 10" and 12" round bottom sleeves seem to be a better fit for older disk covers. Some of my record covers from the 50s and 60s are too tight to fit regular sleeves and the round bottom sleeves work well in that situation.

Scott

5. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I dislike round bottom inner sleeves. I also don't put records into the jackets but rather between the jacket and an outer polypro sleeve (in a new inner sleeve of course), so they serve no effective purpose for me either.

To each his own, I suppose.

6. Alan G

Alan G More A Lurker Than A Poster

I got packages of both the inner and outer sleeves today. The inner sleeves are nice, miniature versions of the 12" Disc Keeper sleeves. The record I tried them with fit perfectly. This was important to me because I had bought some once from Square Deals Online and they were too small for any 10" record I had. The owner had me return 1 so he could test it and [not surprisingly] he said it was just fine. That package is currently in my trash can. So these inner sleeves are just what I was looking for.

The outer sleeves seem a bit on the thin side but that may be because I am used to Sleeve City's top of the line 12" outers. Still, a great value and now I need to get busy and start using them up!

Alan

7. marcb

marcb Senior Member

The outers must be like the box set outer sleeves they carry (which, BTW, are only useful for smaller box sets like All Things Must Pass-- not the larger deluxe sets we generally these days. They really need to come up a bigger, studier outer sleeve for larger box sets). I'm the same way about those...they seem flimsy compared to the top of the line outers.

8. atbolding

atbolding Forum Resident

Thanks for posting this. I've ordered both inners and outers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.