Sneak peek: My 4 driver IB sub in the works...

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by fjhuerta, Dec 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member Thread Starter

Here's the manifold... a 17" reinforced 1" MDF cube, black polyester finish, with one of the 4 15" drivers it'll hold.

I suspect the whole thing will be able to deal with 400W RMS @ Xmax. It'll most definitely go lower than 18 Hz (flat, I hope). It'll be eq'ed with a Behringer Feedback Destroyer.

The pic was taken with a phone camera, so it doesn't look that good... more to come (perhaps in January, when I hope to be able to install it).[​IMG]

2. Joe Nino-Hernes

Joe Nino-Hernes Active Member

Wow!!

Beaucoup de boom-boom!!

You should look into a DBX Omnidrive or an XTA DP-226. They are really nice sounding digital crossovers. Even if you don't use the crossover feature, the 16 bands of digital parametric EQ on the XTA sounds amazing!

3. sprocket

sprocket Active Member

NO, that wasn't an earthquake. That was Javier's sub.

4. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Is it supposed to be black?

5. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member Thread Starter

:lol:

Yeah, it is black. It has a mirror surface finish that looks superb.

I'm still thinking whether I should install some grilles in it. The drivers look nice without any kind of protection, but they are kinda fragile.

Nino, I'll have 24 (yeah!) fully adjustable parametric filters on tap with the sub. I'll be using (I think) an 80 Hz crossover (since the sub will be placed in the middle of my two mains, I'll hopefully not have any localization issues). I want a very, very flat frequency response, so I'm thinking about buying TrueRTA for my PC, too. So... Sprocket.. if everything goes fine, there won't be any earthquakes coming from my sub. I want it to be accurate, more than anything. I already designed and built a couple of 12" vented subs that really go BOOOOOOOOOOOM! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.