Sneaky Beatle trivia Paul is in Fab video after all !

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by johnny moondog 909, Aug 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnny moondog 909

johnny moondog 909 Beatles-Lennon & Classic rock fan Thread Starter

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxr3tV-ieyY

According to our friend at Wogblog, citing several serious sources. Watch Harrison's WHEN WE WAS FAB video . Watch Paul McCartney walk past in front of George & Ringo & the walrus suit at about 2.07 into it. Maccas wobbly image at 2.07

Paul Simon & Neil Aspinall also walk past.

It's a brief cameo sure, but That's Paul McCartney & he's in FAB !

So many of us have suffered anxiety over "nearly" Beatles tracks, reunion songs....Fab, Beautiful Night, I'm The Greatest, & my personal dig it, 'Cosmically conscious'

Ok people dig in its Beatles coffee talk we were all fooled, for 29 years ? Whaaaaaa... WHAT other secrets lurk

theMess, Tord and WildHoneyPie9 like this.
  2. bunglejerry

bunglejerry Forum Resident

There is no way to tell, as far as I can see. He's distorted and his face is away from the camera. Could be Macca. Could also be my father...

theMess and Moonbeam Skies like this.
  3. johnny moondog 909

Right, you need to read Wogblog for the full explanation, it's Paul McCartney. Albeit briefly, we all missed it, it's almost cheating, Paul in Fab video with George& Ringo

WildHoneyPie9 likes this.
  4. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

Even on this higher resolution video, it is visually inconclusive (at 2:57 on this upload). His hair is the right style for 1987-88 though :agree: :

theMess and johnny moondog 909 like this.
  5. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

I always assumed it was Paul. The hair at the time was the giveaway and the distortion on the image was I assumed to mask his presence a bit. Maybe I was always wrong though and it's not him. :)

6. johnny moondog 909

Right it is. It had to be a deliberate inside joke to keep him obscured.

If you read Wogblog, apparently there is testimony from the 2nd unit director that taped or filmed McCartney in a 2nd location, because he ( McCartney) couldn't make the filming with Ringo & George... clearly there could've been more Paul, but that's him according to the sources, it's damn exciting

Lewisboogie, krock2009 and Tord like this.
  7. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Is that really Paul Simon, though (pushing the fruit cart)? It doesn't look much like him to me, and they state that as fact, too...

8. johnny moondog 909

Clever one!

Like everybody else, I'd heard the guy In the walrus suit rumors, & later the Beatles debunked that. I'd harbored hopes McCartney had played bass or piano & added oohs & says.. sadly no

But I'd never heard this new story, not until today. Again for sources & evidence read Wogblog. Once you know the back story, & see footage, no question who else would it be.no one else is obscured

9. johnny moondog 909

It's absolutely Paul Simon, & Neil Aspinall too & Elton John, Ray Cooper, & Paul McCartney

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  10. ralph7109

ralph7109 Forum Resident

It looks like they took a picture of Paul facing away and had it go by the scene in the video.
    Maybe unrecognizable as it wasn't authorized. But if it is Paul, it certainly isn't him at that time or even done specifically for the video.

11. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

If you look closely, it's clear that it is not a photo. His head turns slightly towards the band and his left arm moves slightly as well (watch his elbow).

12. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

I love Roger's site, but to me, this article by Mike Carrera reads like fan-boy wishful thinking.

Does any of that make the video more entertaining? Not really.

And, you'd think by now, someone would come forward & confirm some of this.

Either way, it doesn't matter. I thought it was a great video to begin with, even if it's just Ringo, Elton John & Jeff Lynne in it.

I'm surprised no one mentioned that the time traveller from the Chaplin film is also in the video...

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    theMess, Onder, krock2009 and 3 others like this.
  13. slane

slane Forum Resident

The article on George's videos was not written by Roger, it's by someone called Mike Carrera (so it's just his opinion, I assume).

Lines like this don't fill me with confidence:

"A man who looks like (the sideburns don’t match with his looks from that year, or before or after, but let’s say it’s him) Neil Aspinall..."

14. ralph7109

ralph7109 Forum Resident

I don't see it - it appears that he is distorted via a wave to give the appearance of movement.

15. WildHoneyPie9

WildHoneyPie9 Forum Resident

Holy smoke... you're right: it's Paul!

16. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

Thanks for pointing that out! I fixed my post.

17. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

Look at collar, front of jacket, creases on jacket, and shadows around arm:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

theMess and johnny moondog 909 like this.
  18. MeanMrMayo

MeanMrMayo Well-Known Member

Did Paul and/or George ever verify it's Paul? Seems pointless to have Paul turned away and then distort the image too on top of that.

I recall George taking phone calls on a 1988 radio show called ROCKLINE, and someone asked him if Paul was in the walrus get-up. George said "here's a clue for you all - the walrus was Paul"... but it seems George was just being funny.

theMess likes this.
  19. johnny moondog 909

Yeah I'm no technical expert on 1987 film technology, obviously McCartney is moving & not a still photo.

I don't get the controversy, the guy said he went out to McCartney's location & got some footage. Why obscure it, unless it's an inside joke between them ? No one else doing a cameo is obscured. Until today 29 years later, I'd never heard it publicised. It certainly appears to be McCartney, & we have the guys testimony. It reminds me of the little joke with Platinum weird, & various Harrison-Monty Python cameos. If you wanted to fake it, jeez, maybe do something like a guy in a walrus suit on bass. Since McCartneys officially in the Fab video now, I need to find a way of adding him in again with a 4 second edit somewhere.

Is there a longer cut of the video with more of the extended audio version,with additional sitar licks on the end

Drifter likes this.
  20. SixtiesGuy

SixtiesGuy Ministry of Love

Anyone notice that the man crossing in front of George just before Paul Simon goes by is carrying a copy of John Lennon's Imagine album with the back cover facing us? So John also appears in the video.

21. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

Yep, was actually going to mention that myself. Just before Paul McCartney you mean (if it is indeed him).

theMess likes this.
  22. johnny moondog 909

How do you see that much detail

23. SixtiesGuy

SixtiesGuy Ministry of Love

I happened to be pausing, then playing the video at various points to try to make out who was passing in front of George. Give it a try...

johnny moondog 909 likes this.
  24. EdogawaRampo

EdogawaRampo Senior Member

To me it does look like him -- stopped the vid and looked at the profile and it looks like his IMO.

johnny moondog 909 likes this.
  25. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.