So what's your favorite scary movie? (Humor - but enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ken_McAlinden, Jun 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Alien. The first one. Scared the crap out of me when I saw it in 1979.....

2. lsupro

lsupro King of Ignorers

I used to watch that over and over agaion on HBO when i was a kid. I had a thing for Olivia Newton John...

3. lsupro

lsupro King of Ignorers

something about her in roller skates that really did it for me!

4. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

Tyler, it has a ending with a "twist"!

mud-:D

5. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

Hot on the heels of "Wild In The Streets" were a bunch of other youth-exploitation flicks, one I particularly remember as unwatchable was "Gassss" (i'm not sure if I put in an accurate number of 's's in there). It starts off in a record store, where the director's idea of "hip" is that all the characters talk to each other like top-40 djs. Gassadelic and solid, baby.

6. ferric

ferric Iron Dino In Memoriam

I was reprogrammed for Grooviness: This accounts for the 12 CDs I purchased last week from the Groovy Sundazed remaster collection from the sixties.

Also, Central Programming made a spelling error in its first attempt. I was programmed for Groverness and bought a pair of one meter interconnects.

It's all true.

Peace. Love. Dove.

7. Uncle Al

Uncle Al Senior Member

Tyler - ya gotta see Wild in the Streets! It's the late 60's equivalent of a 50's Ed Wood sci-fi flick. So bad it's good. "14 or fight!".

My "scarariest" movies are almost all lame-ass horror movie sequels. Halloween, Friday the 13th, and those Freddy Krueger flicks. All excellent first efforts spoiled by not a single worthwhile sequel.

8. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

I have a top 5 list:
    Deep Blue Sea
    Batman & Robin
    Nutty Professor 2
    The 2 recent Star Wars movies
    Any Jackie Chan movie

9. ferric

ferric Iron Dino In Memoriam

"The Vanishing" - original Dutch release. A woman vanishes from a rest area on a motorway. Her boyfriend searches for her. Scarey, Scarey, Scarey. :eek:

The U.S. remake (Starring Jeff Bridges) sucked bigtime as the story was changed. Not Scarey. Stupid. :sigh:

10. reechie

reechie Senior Member

Aw, don't be so hard on Wild In The Streets! It's a fun period piece, plenty of unintentional laughs. I especially love the scene where Max Frost sings "Shape Of Things To Come", then immediately goes into a tear stained speech about a young female supporter of his who was killed in a riot. Horrible acting, absolutely hilarious. A film long overdue for a DVD release!

How about Village Of The Giants with Beau Bridges, Tommy Kirk, Ronnie Howard, and The Beau Brummels. Mike, Crow and Servo had a blast with that one!

11. Jefhart

Jefhart Senior Member

Scary movie-----Psycho. Scary that it was ever made, remake of Psycho.

Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.