So who else could have played future Brian in Love and Mercy.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by jwb1231970, Jul 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Sadly, he's had that for a long time. I once saw Brian staggering around Tower Records/Sunset around 1985, and he had that stare even back then. I like to think he's found peace and is happier today, but he's had some tough times.

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  3. balzac

balzac Senior Member

It was around 1988 where Brian's face seemed to change a bit more than it would by simply seemingly losing weight (his main slimming down happened in 1983).

Timothy White's biography, if I'm recalling correctly, also refers to a story/report of some cosmetic surgery/work being done around this same time. I recall that it relates a story about how they booked some work to be done, but hand to cancel because Brian was on so many medications. I think it implies the work was eventually done, and also at least floats the suggestion that the oft-rumored stroke-type event may have occurred around this time and perhaps because of going under for this work.

Apologies for being so vague, it has been years since I read the White book.

Lost In The Flood and Vidiot like this.
  4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I love and respect Brian...he does seem to be relaxed these days.

5. I don't know about that, but if they ever make a movie about Peter Hammil he'll have to be in the running.

SuntoryTime likes this.
  6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Although if you notice, in 90% of his interviews, he's always sitting down. Brian is said to be enduring considerable back pain, and because of his past history, he's prevented from taking any strong pain medication.

7. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

gotcha and that sucks!

8. Mother

Mother Forum Resident

I was slightly disappointed to be stuck with Cusack as an older Brian, but as the movie went on I thought he did a reasonable job. The younger Brian (actor's name escapes me) was fantastic. He's a solid actor (loved his turn in There Will Be Blood).

9. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

He might've made a good mid 70's Brian, but he just annoys me...not sure why.

zebop likes this.
  10. Mother

Mother Forum Resident

more like 80s Carl

11. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

A younger Beau Bridges would've mAde a great Mid to late 60's Carl.

zebop and Mother like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.