Soaked In Bleach- new documentary on the death of Kurt Cobain

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by PaulKTF, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

2. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

No offence, but it's a crock.
    Bunch of leeches, going in for the easy cash.

3. PaulKTF

Oh by this point 20 years later, everyone involved has cashed in, in some way or another.

I'm not saying this thing isn't going to be sensationalistic, but that doesn't mean the basic premise of it isn't at least based in some element of truth.

enro99 likes this.
  4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

the power of celebrity will always feed on the masses...

5. PaulKTF

Which explains all the Beatles threads, I guess. :)

6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

it's all relative...we all have our treasures, but to some it's just pig iron...

7. moople72

moople72 Forum Resident

8. PaulKTF

If he was going to shoot himself in the head, why take the lethal dose of heroin beforehand? Doing one or the other makes sense, but not both.

9. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Just to make sure. He was determined to end it. If the shotgun blast failed to do the job, the heroin could do the job or vice-versa. Neither method is guaranteed.

10. JFS3

JFS3 Senior Member

After the failed overdose in Rome, I could see him engaging in this kind of overkill to make sure he didn't survive a second attempt. The heroin could have also been to help ease any potential pain, as well as override any remaining mental and physical inhibitions that might have prevented him from pulling the trigger.

Also, it's my understanding that he suffered some brain damage during that first attempt in Rome, so who really knows just what was going through his tortured mind by that point.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  11. PaulKTF

chilinvilin likes this.
  12. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

chilinvilin likes this.
  13. PaulKTF

I know, but she puts out this punk rocker attitude (so did Kurt to some extent) that really annoys me.

14. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

She is, and always has been, a phony.

15. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

They will probably immediately stop showing it. Those theater owners sure caved in quickly to a few online threats from North Korea last year.

16. PaulKTF

I hope you're being facetious because almost no theater will pull it just because she's threatening them.

17. Jose Jones

Not all. Watch and see them pull it.

18. PaulKTF

Why would they pull it? Because she threatened to sue? She has no grounds to win a a lawsuit against theaters for showing the film.

19. Well. A local rep theatre was planning to show this next month; I wasn't planning to go as it seems to be a bunch of hooey, but in light of Courtney's C&D letter I just might have to see it now (assuming it doesn't get pulled, which is possible given Canada's weaker libel protections).

20. Jose Jones

She has a lot of money and money buys lawyers who threaten libel lawsuits. She doesn't need to "win" a lawsuit if the goal is simply to keep the film in limbo (ie--not shown in theaters) for a long time.

21. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

If one didn't know better you'd think she had a horse in this race. I never even heard of this movie until she got involved.

22. PaulKTF

Well, it is drumming up more publicity for the movie (regardless of if that's her intent or not).

23. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Right? Not what one would normally do if they wanted something just to go away and die.

24. PlushFieldHarpy

PlushFieldHarpy Forum Resident

Wow. The letter from her lawyers actually states that since two investigations ruled the death a suicide, that any statements to the contrary are willfully and knowingly malicious defamation. I guess free speech has its limits according to what judges and police say? That is really punk rock of her. Actually, she hasn't even pretended to be punk since the mid 90s. Ever since she got all that money, she's been really "high class".

25. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

If Frances has the Cobain publicity rights and no music is used, what grounds would Courtney use in court?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.