Some cancelled tv shows 2017

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by shokhead, May 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Hope & Faith.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  2. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

3. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

That seems to be where the networks are moving to: full or part ownership. There's been a few articles about it recently. This makes sense considering the changing landscape. I'm surprised it didn't happen a lot sooner.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  4. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

5. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

She was great in Elf. Then again, that movie isn't even funny at all to begin with.

ducksdeluxe and Matthew Tate like this.
  6. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

She's been in a lot of things where's she's been great. Like Bridge To Terebithia and 500 Days Of Summer, for example. However, I find New Girl really annoying! I gave up after three seasons.

7. KinkySmallFace1991

KinkySmallFace1991 Will you come back to me, Sweet Lady Genevieve?

@Matthew Tate Dont know if you heard, but the Nine-Nine are coming back for Season 5!

8. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

Same here, the brunette middle daughter, was the only reason I even had it on in the background sometimes.

9. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

thats probably the last one. they should write a series finale now

10. boggs

boggs Multichannel Machiavellian

I'm going to miss MAKING HISTORY. Loved it's insanity and silliness.

11. boggs

boggs Multichannel Machiavellian

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO................(me likey very much)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sigh:

Matthew Tate likes this.
  12. Radio-Canada apparently have cancelled "Jérôme" around mid-season ('16/'17) , which is a sad loss, though very few people have had the time to notice it... Indeed my wife and I seem to be the only two persons on Earth to have watched it on Sunday nights... No Youtubes left, nothing...

It was a silent, semi-slapstick sitcom, little sketches linked together, taking its inspiration partly from "Mr. Bean" (the TV show). Jérôme was the benevolent and correctly attired wino, a bit like Foster Brooks perhaps, but with an ageless face. Every time a new job he tried, sober, proved too stressful - something or other turning wrong, not necessarily by his own fault - he would secretely go to his flask for a swig, then of course things worsened.

It was subtly directed and funny. Too bad we didn't even have a chance to notice either the name of the excellent actor (whom we had never seen before, even though he must be in his 40s) nor the production company...

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  13. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Leftovers s3.
    Scott Glen was the best in that season( looking a bit Iggy Pop). Also last episode did the production lose budget as I would have liked to have seen Carrie Moon 'Nora Durst finding her family on the other side.

Splungeworthy likes this.
  14. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

That show was a trip. They left a lot of stuff open to interpretation.

alexpop likes this.
  15. alexpop

Yeah..but the last episode ending went on and on with the explanation, fine I guess. Better than Lost ending ..maybe.

16. alexpop

Damon Lindelof.
    What his fascination with Australia.
    Both Lost( partly)and The Leftovers was based in Australia, and had Australian actors in both series ?

17. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

I miss the days before "reality" TV...wish they'd all get cancelled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.