Some cheap vinyl from importscds listed on ebay

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by paul....r, Apr 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jgirar01

Jgirar01 Forum Resident

2. Phishman

Phishman Forum Resident

Same situation as Jgirar. Just bought the KoL box. Thanks!

3. Jeff Edwards

Jeff Edwards Senior Member

Does anyone have an opinion on the Bob Marley records included here?

I know they're digital, but very tempting at the price.

4. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

To answer your question Jeff, I dug back into a comment I made in another thread back in mid-July...

I ended up picking up all of the Bob Marley cheapies which were available through these importCDs deals, all between $7.99 & $9.99. No disappointment other than the fact that all of those titles became available later at a buy-1-get-2-at-45%-off (IIRC) deal. Hard to complain when they were so affordable to begin with. All in all, these have been really nice pressings.

To bring things current, there is a nice box sitting downstairs which just arrived that includes most of the latest round of albums that I ordered last Saturday night. Included is Bob Marley Live which means Exodus is the only one I still need out of the run between Natty Dread and Confrontation. Exodus has yet to be marked down.

Jeff Edwards likes this.
  5. strymeow

strymeow Forum Resident

KoL box arrived from importcds today; looks to be in perfect shape. Can't play them now because of post-Hermine blackout. Looking forward to hearing what's on them in the AC soon.

SJP likes this.
  6. Phishman

Phishman Forum Resident

I haven't bought them since I have most of the originals....those Island Sterling presses sound great.
    Please try to seek out an original Exodus US Island Sterling copy (first (black) or second (blue) issue). You will thank me later....You can snag one usually in the $20-$30 range in pretty decent condition. Definitely in my top 10 best sounding records.

SJP and Jeff Edwards like this.
  7. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Thanks for the tip Phishman. I'll definitely keep it in mind as I look to fill the Exodus hole in the Natty Dread>Confrontation run of albums.

Thing is, I originally ordered a couple fav titles on the cheap just to have some more Marley on vinyl (supplementing my copy of Legend which was purchased when I was in college). Then I just went for it and snapped up the rest based on the low price. I wouldn't have done so if they were crappy pressings.

Exodus is actually a low-priority album because I have the MFSL CD (& the 2 disc deluxe reissue)...how many versions of the same recording do I need??? :D However, I have put the Island Sterling version on my want-list and have a music buying odyssey to the SF Bay area next month. I'll see if I can find it.

BTW, Coda just bumped up to $12.95. Who do they think they are, Amazon?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
    Phishman likes this.
  8. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Rolling Stones - Exile On Main Street: Half Speed Mastering [Vinyl New]

$47.46........free shipping

9. mike65!

mike65! Senior Member

10. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

I recently had a real bad experience with importcd's, via Amazon. Thought I'd found two great deals on vinyl-- Ringo's "Postcards from Paradise" and Van Morrison's "Duets", both for about $3.50 (The listing said only that the Van had some cover damage). Both arrived sealed, but the Ringo had a very audible scratch going through one side, and the Van had just one disc out of a two-LP set. Both had obviously been re-sealed. I contacted them and they said they'd credit my purchase if I paid to send them back-- which would of course have cost the same money I'd originally spent. So instead of getting a great deal I spent about $15 (with postage) for two worthless records.

mikeyt likes this.
  11. mur

mur Hyperactive!

Sorry to hear that, so far I have been happy with my purchases. I bought the triple Yes live LP it did have a little ding in the bottom corner but the LPs were mint. For the price I paid, the ding was no big deal for me. The others I ordered have all been in good shape.

SJP likes this.
  12. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

If these were sold as new, I think you have grounds to take this to Amazon directly. Even if the Van wasn't sold as I new, it should have both records.

13. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

The Van Morrison album was available shipped from Amazon Prime for quite a while in the low-$5's. Stinks that you are having a customer service issue. Seems all it take is once to get turned off to a vendor.

As for the Yes Progeny album, mine too had a corner ding but considering it was around $6.99 shipped, how can I remotely complain?

All that said, I need to chime in on the Kings of Leon early years vinyl box. This bad boy is still priced at $19.99 shipped and I'll be darned if it isn't going to be one of my cherished and go-to finds. Upon arrival on Saturday, I gave the first LP a spin, Youth and Young Manhood. How amazingly cool of an album. Dirty & sweaty rock and roll skillfully presented in terms of both songs and execution. I'm on the second album now, Aha Shake Heartbreak. A bit more muted but no less enjoyable. This is NOT the "southern-country-rawk" that was erroneously conveyed to me prior to KoL opening up for U2. These guys are a force to be reckoned with and I'm glad that I am now able to call myself a fan.

And the booklet inside puts these compositions into context which only heightens one's appreciation. I cannot recommend this box enough at any price, let alone for $19.99 for as long as this deal might last.

strymeow and black sheriff like this.
  14. strymeow

strymeow Forum Resident

Can echo this now that my power is back on. Gave the first three discs a spin yesterday and they sounded awesome. Looking forward to playing the rest today.

SJP likes this.
  15. whaiyun

whaiyun Forum Resident

black sheriff likes this.
  16. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Phishman and black sheriff like this.
  17. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Creedence Bayou Country $8.99 shipped. Does anyone know what the story is on this mastering?

18. Phishman

Phishman Forum Resident

19. Bobsblkwax

Bobsblkwax Forum Resident

I just noticed that if you go to the link and click on "See other items", there is a whole S*load of records for $9.99 or less. And you get an extra 25% off if you spend $40.

Great way to get some of those digitally remastered records you always wanted at bargain basement prices!

20. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I ordered 16 LPs nearly two weeks ago despite knowing there would be a sale of some sort coming. Last time around it was something like buy-one-get-two-45%-off. But I was pretty pleased with the titles I got at $8.99 & $9.99 each (shipped) so I cannot complain. This included the Sigur Ros album which is now unavailable at that price (and it is one cool listen).

(time to go shopping again :D)

Terrific find within the sale...

Belle & Sebastian - Girls In Peacetime Want To Dance [Vinyl New] »

This is the 4-lp box version, highly recommended.

And I'm getting tired of recommending the Kings of Leon early years LP box. On sale it is $15. C'mon already!!!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    dirtymac likes this.
  21. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

Mike Watt - Ball Hog or Tug Boat on ORG is in there!
    For 9.99

theron d and black sheriff like this.
  22. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads up on the 25% off sale.

Grabbed 17 Titles for $125 shipped.

(Something like 23 discs between them all...that's value, right there.)

Phishman and theron d like this.
  23. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

24. fluffskul

fluffskul Would rather be at a concert

Wow... I could spend a ton of $$ tonight. Some other titles included I dind't see mention Jimi Hendrix - Band of Gypsys ($7.99). And a ton of Bob Marley (I got Burnin' and Natty Dread for $7.99 each).

25. mikeyt

mikeyt Forum Resident

I ordered a Music Matters jazz record that was described as open and having a dented corner. Figured why not, the price was really good so as long as the LPs weren't damaged. What arrived was the regular Blue Note reissue. I knew as soon as the mailman handed it to me that they sent the wrong item. So I sent it back using their sh*tty label, and now it seems they never got it or it never got scanned in (likely the latter). I took it up with my credit card but I may be out the $37. Totally my fault for not reading the instructions and getting a post office ink stamp as a receipt and a tracking number, but annoying enough that I'll never order from them again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.