Some DCCs currently available at Sam Goody website...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Oatsdad, Feb 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever Thread Starter

Did some general searches and turned up the following discs ready to ship:

Beach Boys "Spirit of America"
    Eagles "Their Greatest Hits"
    Everly Brothers "Best"
    Queensryche "Empire"
    Jim Croce "Words and Music"
    Judy Collins "Colors of the Day"
    Linda Ronstadt "Greatest Hits"
    Linda Ronstadt "Greatest Hits V. 2"
    Jethro Tull "Original Masters"
    Art Pepper "Intensity"
    Miles Davis "Musing of Miles"
    Doobie Brothers "Best of the Doobies"
    Roy Orbison "All-Time Greatest Hits"
    Steve Miller "Greatest Hits 1974-78"
    Miles Davis/Milt Jackson Quintet/Sextet
    Bonnie Raitt "Luck of the Draw"
    Bill Evans "Intermodulation"
    John Coltrane "Traneing In"
    CCR "Pendulum"
    Milt Jackson "Bags Meets West"
    Wes Montgomery "So Much Guitar"
    Stan Getz "Getz Meets Mulligan in Hi-Fi"
    Jim Croce "24 Karat Gold in a Bottle"
    "Sonny Rollins and the Contemporary Leader"
    Art Pepper "Gettin' Together"
    Vince Guaraldi "Jazz Impressions of Black Orpheus"
    Miles Davis "Cookin' with the Miles Davis Quintet"

Hope this helps! And they still have a 10% off sale with free shipping if you buy two or more items!

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

and don't forget...use the code 849 for orders of $30.00 or more...:cool:

3. Jetsons

Jetsons Forum Resident

Nice catch, Oatsdad!

I was cruising the SG site late last week and to my ?$#@*! surprise, saw the Jethro Tull. I've been looking for this DCC for a loooooong time and simply could not believe it. Needless to say, I very promptly ordered a couple to get the free shipping.

They should be arriving very soon and just can't wait to spin this recording.

I think you might just have created a small stampede.:D

BTW, code 849 only works once. I called to verify this as it would kick out the $5.00 savings on check out on a susequent order. Bummer!

Regards,

Jet

4. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Re: Re: Some DCCs currently available at Sam Goody website...

Thanks!!!!! You saved me $5.00.

5. Michael

Re: Re: Re: Some DCCs currently available at Sam Goody website...

Cool!:thumbsup:

6. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Thanks!!!!

I picked up three I've been looking for.

Thanks again. :)

7. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I just got the couple of discs I ordered from Sam Goody about two weeks ago. I was impressed that they actually did deliver what they said was available. I will say that the Steve Miller Band Greatest Hits disc looks like a reseal. (I haven't opened it yet to look at the disc.)

8. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek

Thank you, two DCC jazz down and two to go! Ella and Jazz Samba(does not include Ray Charles titles) I still need! The hardest for last!!!!

9. dwmann

dwmann Well-Known Member

Ordered Bags meets Wes and Waiting for the Sun, listed as 24-48 hrs.

Also ordered Original masters & 24 karat hits, listed as backorderd. I'm not holding my breath. If anyone actually GETS original masters, I've got some DCCs for trade. PM me.

10. freeflyt

freeflyt Active Member

Sam Goody

FYI

While searching for the Eagles on the Sam Goody site, I ran across a listing for Robin Trower's "Bridge of Sighs" MoFi disc.

Grab it if you want it.

Steve

11. Shoes4Industry

Shoes4Industry Senior Member

I noticed there are two CDs listed for Bonnie Raitt's "Nick of Time" .
    One is at $26.99, and the other at $13.99......is the expensive one a DCC or Mofi?

12. Oatsdad

Never say never. Sam Goody often revives long-gone DCC titles - that's why I did the check, because stuff pops up all the time. Out of the blue, I got DCC "Venus and Mars" last year, and IIRC, someone DID get "24 Karat Hits" through Sam Goody not that long ago.

Note that they'll cancel your backorder if it goes unfulfilled for three months or so. However, you can just go ahead and reorder it then...

The more expensive one should be the DCC...

13. Jetsons

Jetsons Forum Resident

Hi, John:

If you check the description provided for the $26.99 Bonnie Raitt, it does state that it was mastered by Steve. In addition, all DCC golds seem to have that same price @ SG. It certainly looks to me that it is the DCC gold spinner.

Enjoy!

Jet

14. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

You guys always trick me! Roy orbinson is backordered :( :(

15. Oatsdad

It wasn't a trick - the disc was in stock when I posted on Thursday. Obviously others pounced on it and now they're out of stock again...

16. Matt

Matt New Member

Man, where are these things trickling in from? I can almost picture a few scattered underneath a rack in some warehouse, gathering dust, waiting to be found.

17. Dean De Furia

Dean De Furia Senior Member

I hope this works out. I pounced on the site last night and ordered 10 titles!

18. Michael

What's up with the EDIT button?

19. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I hope they get it back in for you, and I hope the copy I ordered (which said "ships in 24-48 hours") actually arrives.

I was surprised by some of the titles listed as immediately available as they weren't listed that way when I placed my first order with Sam Goody about 3 weeks ago (including the Orbison one). Keep checking back and the status of the Orbison disc might change again soon.

I do wonder where they are getting these things. From their various retail stores (ie, titles that haven't sold and have been in stock for years)?

20. ultron9

ultron9 The quest for perspicuity and grace continues...

sam goody DCCs

I placed an order yesterday for 2 DCC titles, this evening I got an e-mail from their web site saying my order was canceled, no explanation. I e-mailed them with my concerns and my dissatisfaction with this development.

Buyer beware.

21. peterC

peterC Aussie Addict

It's happening at a lot of the sites.

CDUniverse has a few DCCgolds in stock. CDConnection increased their DCC (gold/silver) listing by about 30 "in stock" titles last week.

Maybe there's a perception in the industry that the traditional "audiophile" CDs (eg DCCgold) are about to be superseded for once and for all by the new formats like SACD, so they are seriously cleaning out their warehouses. Just like they do with old stock of an artist just before a new "remastered" series hits the market.

22. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Re: sam goody DCCs

I never count on receiving anything that is out of print until I get a confirmation email that it has been shipped. Towerrecords.com still lists a DCC title I ordered in early January as available in 2-3 days, even though they sent me an email earlier this week canceling that part of my order, stating the disc was unavailable.

Just out of curiosity, were the titles you ordered listed as being available or were they "backordered"?

23. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

Re: sam goody DCCs

I'd bet that they only had a couple of copies of each of these titles, if that, and given the interest in this thread (views) the demand probably was beyond the supply while the page was not updated quickly enough.

So the third person to order a copy of the two Beach Boys discs was S O L.

Wouldn't surprise me if more of this happened.

24. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek

I'll keep my fingers crossed! If it works out, and I get my discs, then it will also be a deal at $43 and change for two discs! Right now $30 apiece would be a deal!!!

25. njwiv

njwiv Senior Member

I received a glorious re-seal of McCartney from them today! Why glorious? Because I finally got Steve's version of this album for only $30, even though the booklet is a little banged up. Now that I finally have this one, I've got to find the rest of Steve's Macca discs!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.