Some DCCs currently available at Sam Goody website...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Oatsdad, Feb 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

"You're No Good" from Volume One, and most of Volume Two are gonna knock yer socks off. Really amazing sound, and I think Mr. Hoffman left in the little count-offs on Volume Two, making this very finely recorded music even more live-sounding.

2. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Well, cdconnection.com confirmed what I expected. They closed my order for the Elton John Greatest Hits DCC gold CD because it is unavailable. I expect the same thing to happen with cduniverse.com. Cduniverse.com says that they are processing my order, but the disc is now listed as backordered since yesterday (2/26/03).

3. njwiv

njwiv Senior Member

The postman delivered the following DCC's from Media Play (sister site to Sam Goody) to my house yesterday:

Doors - Strange Days
    Doors - Waiting For The Sun
    Steve Miller Band - Greatest Hits: 1974-1978

Jay

4. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek

Those are great titles! Although I don't have Steve Miller's GH on CD, I have that one only on DCC LP.

5. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

A huge thanks to Oatsdad for starting this thread. Without his heads-up, I would have never of known to check the various websites mentioned. I hit the mother lode and managed to snag:

Ella Fitzgerald Sings The Cole Porter Songbook ($36.00 sealed!)
    Aqualung (two copies, one from a back order at CDUniverse and the other from a new order at Mediaplay)
    Jethro Tull's Original Masters
    Gerry Rafferty's City To City
    Nat King Cole's The Very Thought Of You
    Fresh Cream
    Wheels of Fire

The only discs that ended up back ordered (as good as canceled in my book) are Blondie's Parallel Lines and Heart's Dreamboat Annie.

6. njwiv

njwiv Senior Member

GuyDon,

Great scores! Fresh Cream seems to be a real toughie. I've been trying to find that one for a long time.

It looks like I've completed my McCartney DCC collection via eBay.

Jay

7. reidc

reidc Senior Member

Thanks To The Original Poster!!!
    Just got in the mail yesterday Steve Miller and Eagles Greatest Hits. Grand total $44 Wahoo!!!!

Chris

8. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Got Elton's Greatest and Band On The Run from CD Universe yesterday!

9. KLM

KLM Senior Member

On the original post as well as on Sam Goody's website they mention the following DCC gold cd:

Bill Evans "Intermodulation"
    Record Label: DCC (GOLD)
    Style: General
    Release Date: November 25, 1996

This doesn't show up on Steve's discography. I was wondering is this a mistake or did Steve actually come out with a DCC version? Thanks.

10. dwmann

dwmann Well-Known Member

Bill Evans "Intermodulation"
    Record Label: DCC (GOLD)
    Style: General
    Release Date: November 25, 1996

It's probably INTERPLAY.

11. monoman

monoman Senior Member

The mail just arrived and I now possess Badfinger-"Straight Up" from cd universe. I am now up to 42 DCC Gold discs, but there are still a few more I would like to own.

12. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

I just got Elton John's Greatest Hits from CD Universe sealed! Ok, where do I go to get Eagles Greatest Hits and the Rafferty disc?

13. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

I got my three discs in the mail today, all DCC golds, all sealed, all for $68. Incredible!

Thanks to Oatsdad for starting the thread, Michael for mentioning the discount code, and Jetsons for his tip.

14. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I guess if ya mine hard enough you'll find the GOLD DCC's...:thumbsup:

15. njwiv

njwiv Senior Member

Today's DCC goody package from Media Play:

Elton John - Greatest Hits
    Al Green - Greatest Hits

This is becoming addictive! I also received, for some reason unbeknownst to me, a second copy of Red Rose Speedway should anyone else need a copy.

And, thanks to the tip of a kind member of this board, my copies of Fresh Cream and Wheels Of Fire shipped today. If anyone comes across a copy of the MFSL gold disc of Disraeli Gears, please let me know! That would complete my Cream gold disc collection.

Thanks again for the wonderful tips, gents.

Jay

16. shucky ducky

shucky ducky Forum Resident

my DCCs arrived today as well from Sam Goody...

Elvis is Back, Strange Days, and Eltons Greatest...

price = $68 ... you gotta love this forum !!!

Listened to the Elton on my drive back and forth between work... smiling the whole way... what an incredible sounding cd!

17. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

Well a few days ago I got the bad news my entire 4 disc order aty CD Connection was cancelled due to unavalibility... and 3 of the 4 discs I ordered at CD Universe went from ships in 1-2 days to backordered the next day..... Oh well serves me right for not looking at this thread ASAP.
    Looking positive..Toga Rock 2 arrived from CD Universe today.... and I still have Van Halen from Amazon that hasn't went to backordered ..yet

18. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Cool! Glad you got in before the discount specials ended...

19. njwiv

njwiv Senior Member

Just wanted to let everyone know that the second copy of Red Rose Speedway has been claimed. Sorry I wasn't able to help everyone out!

Jay

20. JohnnyH

JohnnyH Senior Member

Just received a shipping notification from CD Universe for DCC L Ronstadt's Greatest Vol 2 - it's worth plugging away on the off chance!

21. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

Well I just took a looking at the Barnes and Noble site for the heck of it, www.bn.com , (I forgot that their site has music since my local BN's don't.)
    When I put 'DCC Compact Classics' into the advanced search it came up with 7 pages of results!!! The very first entry was for McCartney at the amazing price of $11.98.... of course it's the standard Capitol issue but the best part is when you click on it and scroll down it states ReMastering: Steve Hoffman. If fact most of the seven pages have standard issues with this on the page.
    To be fair though the do have a bunch of DCC aluminums and a few Golds for $27.99....including Red Rose Speedway.....

BTW Steve, your also credited on the 'Mewtilated" RAM import (w/ bonus tracks).

22. aceman400

aceman400 Power to the Metal

Colin,
    Thanks for starting this thread. My Ringo came yesterday. Still debating whether to open it or not.
    Best,
    Aaron

23. JohnnyH

JohnnyH Senior Member

You kept that one quiet, aceman!

Where did you source it, if I may ask?

24. aceman400

aceman400 Power to the Metal

Sorry for not being clearer - Samgoody.com

I didn't believe it until I opened the shipping carton.

25. JohnnyH

JohnnyH Senior Member

Unforunately sam goody doesn't appear to ship internationally - oh well!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.