Some ebay sellers just don't get it.

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Majestyk, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Majestyk

Majestyk Forum Resident Thread Starter

Sony DVP-S7000 27242518780 | eBay

A 20 year old DVD player for $1000 plus $80 shipping with "tentative shipping in January 2018". If it wasn't for the fact that this unit makes a relatively good CD player, it would best be used as a door stop.

BTW, the going rate of these Sony's is around $20 to $40.
  2. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

I agree $1000 is nuts. There do seem to be some special/rare versions - in champagne gold and gunmetal grey, with some kind of outboard remote/editor/shuttle-dial unit - going for $400-$500.
  3. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

I have wondered before what the rationale is for pricing some items WAY above what they are worth.

It crossed my mind that it could be some type of accounting/tax/financial/insurance scheme.
  4. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

"Higher price = higher quality" - "I can get this for $1000 and never have to buy another DVD player again!"
    DRM and Galley like this.
  5. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm a "Citizens For Boysenberry Jam" Fan

Ohio USA
    It says you can make an offer. Maybe that’s what the seller expects? Seems pretty dumb to me though
  6. live evil

live evil Forum Resident

I’ve thought the same thing myself. I only buy cd’s on eBay (I’m about to stop - but that’s another story....), but I’ve notice some crazy prices recently. The volume of this seems to
    Have shot up recently.
    DRM likes this.