DCC Archive Song ID

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Holy Zoo, Dec 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holy Zoo

Holy Zoo Gort (Retired) :-) Thread Starter

Since you all nailed Larry's song id request so fast, I thought I might throw out something harder...

In the movie, Ferris Beuller's Day Off, there is a smokey jazz tune played as background music in the scene where Rooney walks into the arcade looking for Ferris. (Chapter 17 on the DVD).

Two questions:

1) Does anyone know what the song might be (or who does it)?

2) Can anyone recommend any recordings similiar to it?

I just *love* this style of jazz - sort of "Peter Gunn"esque - but haven't found many other cds like it.

thanks!

jeff

2. thxdave

thxdave "One black, one white, one blonde"

Hi Jeff,
    You have hit on one of my all-time favorite movies. I looked around forever trying to find the soundtrack but finally gave up and assembled most of the cuts from individual albums. The music you were referring to was probably "incidental music" specifically composed for the film. When I pulled out the DVD to listen to the section you were referring to, the first artist/composer that came to mind was Lalo Schifrin. I picked up a CD of the soundtrack to the movie "Bullitt" (Aleph Records 0118) which was composed by Schifrin and this might be a good "sampler" for you to start with. There's a ton of similar stuff out there but this is the first one to pop into my mind....and it sounds great, too!!
    dave http://www.morrisonphotographics.com

3. Holy Zoo

Holy Zoo Gort (Retired) :-) Thread Starter

Ha! Me too! :)

I think I found nearly everything. I even cross-faded some dialog with the songs in pro-tools :D

Let me know if you'd like a copy.Indeed, I'd be curious how yours came out.

And thanks for the Lalo tip. I do have a Mission Impossible soundtrack cd, but haven't searched out anything else by him.

[ December 30, 2001: Message edited by: Holy Zoo ]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.