"Song Of The Sea"- a wonderful animated film

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by mpayan, May 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off Thread Starter

Just finished watching this wonderful animated movie. Its an irish made film that is both captivating to children and adults. A fascinating simple folk tale, based on the ancient Celtic myth of the selkie, set to charmingly beautiful animation.

"Song Of The Sea"

Highly recommended.

Anyone seen this movie?

2. macdaddysinfo

macdaddysinfo Forum Resident

Missed it in the theater. Is it available anywhere now..?

Very interested.

3. mpayan

My niece invited me over and we watched it on her monitor. You know, I have no idea if it was a DVD-A or subscriber. I would think one could find it on DVD-A. Sure would look beautiful on BR.

macdaddysinfo likes this.
  4. sugarbuzz

sugarbuzz Forum Resident

It's a fantastic film and simply stunning in the visual department. It's one of the most "beautiful" films I've ever seen!
    It's available as a DVD/Blu-ray combo pack for a reasonable price. Highly recommended!

mpayan and macdaddysinfo like this.
  5. mpayan

It really is an eye catching film isnt it? And in the best way.

6. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Never heard of it. Will have to check it out.

7. Al Kuenster

Al Kuenster Senior Member

Watched this on BR couple of weeks ago, highly recommended!

8. bluemooze

bluemooze Senior Member

Thanks for posting this. I just watched it. It was beautiful. :righton:

9. mpayan

Glad you liked it :). Been searching for more animated movies of this standard. Tough to find anything.

10. Was the NYC premiere. Met the director. Nice guy. Great taste in music (see the Clannad Easter eggs in the film.) Alas, the soundtrack to the film is only available digitally.

11. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Fantastic flick. One of the best animated things I've seen ever. A wee bit arty, but never pretentious. Beautiful to look at. GO SEE IT

12. mpayan

Im envious. I would love to see this on the big screen. Had to be spectacular.

Hutch likes this.
  13. Laineycrusoe

Laineycrusoe Forum Resident

I've just come back from seeing this movie at the Tyneside Cinema in Newcastle (it got released in the UK just a few days ago, but it's only appearing in select cinemas I think), and it may well be the best animated film I've ever seen at the cinema. I was looking forward to seeing it anyway because I'd heard nothing but unanimous praise about it, and it didn't disappoint. Very glad I saw this movie and I'd highly recommend it.

I'll just post the trailer now for those who haven't seen it yet:

There's a second trailer that can be viewed here, but the one I've posted above is definitely the better of the two (plus it's closer to the tone of the movie as opposed to how the second trailer advertises it).

The Panda likes this.
  14. I just got back from Ireland. Oddly it seems the film has just been released there, whereas it had a US release months ago and now is available on home video. :shrug:

15. woody

woody Forum Resident

Have you watched Secret Of Kells? We've watched it several times on Netflix. It's by the same director.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0485601/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.