Sons of Anarchy

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Lonson, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues Thread Starter

New season for FX's Sons of Anarchy starts tonight.

[​IMG]

I ignored the show a long time. Not sure I "like" it. . . but it's a well acted and interestingly written show. Wish there were more bikes and riding in the show.

2. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I love the show. I have the DVR ready for tonight's episode since it is on "late".. and I am usually asleep since I get up very early for work.

3. Rat44

Rat44 Forum Resident

It's the only 'soap opera for guys' I watch.
    More into sci-fi series.
    I have always thought that Katy and Ron could do drama well.

4. Roninblues

Roninblues 猿も木から落ちる。

I just ordered the second season on Blu-Ray.

5. shane

shane Active Member

I love this show. The season 3 opener was a bit of a bore until the final few minutes. I just sat there mouth agape. I don't really know anyone else that watches the show so who else was shocked by this episode? Looks like its going to be a great season

6. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

I just got back from Target where I bought season 2. I bit the bullet and bought the Blu-Ray and it's waiting for me now in my player.........cheers:

7. Lonson

I think Season Two was much better than the first. I still don't really buy the character of Jax; I just don't buy that he would be Vice President, etc.

Haven't watched the premiere of Season Three yet. Today perhaps. . . .

8. MikeT

Isn't out of deference to his father... since his father was a founding member (and the person who actually started the club).

9. Lonson

Yeah. . . I just don't really buy that those other original niners would stand for it, or have put up with his sort of subversion as long as they did. It's not a deal-breaker for me, but it just sort of falls flat. I know why they cast the blond Brad Pittesque actor, but. . . . doesn't work entirely for me.

Watching the first episode of this new season now. This is the first time that I have watched the show as the season unfolds. I avoided it for a long time. I'm a motorcyclist, a Harley rider, and I am very much NOT like these guys. The one episode that I saw broadcast sort of steered me away, it was the "neutering" episode. . . that was very graphic and seemed sadistic. A friend convinced me to give the showw a chance and I ended up with the Blu-Ray of the first season. . . and thne the second. I obviously have some problems with the show, but I enjoy it.

I wish it were more about riding motorcycles :). The actors are finally getting to be better riders.

10. MikeT

Well the motorcycles are just a "device"... it really isn't a show about motorcycles as it is a show about outlaws that ride motorcycles. It could very well be horses (if this was set in the old west) and the premise of the show would be the same. I don't really know anything about motorcycle clubs, especially those that are more attune to "illegal" activities than riding, so I can't speak for the validity of the show and motorcycles.

To me it is like the "Soprano's" except they ride motorcycles as a bond that keeps them together.

11. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

I agree with you about Jax. I used to ride a lot and most of the "bikers" that I knew wouldn't respect or put up with a pretty boy like Jax unless he kicked some serious a$$.

I still like the show a lot though, it's better than nothing. If it was too real, it could loose the lady audience, and they sometimes control the evening tv schedule in the house.:)

12. bootray

bootray Forum Resident

Old friends who became serious club members exposed me to the culture.
    I remember being shocked when they explained what their TCB (hit man) patch represented.
    It struck me that the club was the family most of these guys never had.
    I was not a club member but they were always fair with me.
    SOA is fairly accurate showing club culture.

13. Lonson

Yes, I got that, I get that, but these members DO enjoy and ride motorcycles, and it would be a more interesting show FOR ME if that were shownmore or differently.

I've never watched an episode of The Sopranos, so I can only guess that the shows are similar in that way.

14. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

15. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

iTunes has the version thats
    much closer to the title version ,
    Curtis Stigers & The Forest Rangers

16. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Anyone know if they're signed
    to a fourth season ?

17. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Nice Stephan King guest appearance last night

18. Aunty Em

Aunty Em New Member

Just watched the (Season 3) 4th episode last night. Thankfully it was better than the 3rd. While I enjoyed the Stephen King part of ep. 3 the rest was really lame, I thought. Can't put my finger on the problem - it just seemed insincere. I ceased to "like" Gemma, and that never happened before. Ep 4 seemed somehow more serious - and I don't mean as far as content - just the acting and general thrust seemed once more on track.We got really hooked on this show from the 'git go, so it made me nervous that ep. 3 was so lame...like is this show going down the tubes now, or what? heheheh, "down the tubes" like Nate's caregiver must have done, at the hands of "Bachman".
    :) Looking fwd to what's next!
    ps: plus I like Gemma again...

19. shane

shane Active Member

Stephen King was great. I knew that he was going to be on this season but didn't know in what capacity. After seeing him I can't think of a better role for him. I loved the way he "sized" up the body. Hasn't been a better "cleaner" since The Wolf in Pulp Fiction.

20. maxnix

maxnix Forum Resident

Love the show, but I have to ask . . in the pic at the first post, who the heck is the guy in the back/left with the shorts and the white T-shirt?? Somehow, he doesn't fit . . . I mean, shorts??

21. shane

shane Active Member

Never noticed that. Too funny. Its probably a producer.

22. Lonson

What a soap opera this has become! I'm not complaining. The compelling family drama of kidnapped son and grandson, fugitive and hospitalized mom, old lady growing pains and now dismissal. . . makes for good TV.

Liked seeing the Softails with apes this episode, nice to see a different approach to bikes than the small fairing T-Bar one SAMCRO generally uses.

23. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Good 90 minute episode tonight

24. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

The finale rocked last night !
    holy crap !

25. ghostdwg

ghostdwg Senior Member

That was a great episode last night-especially the final 10 minutes, wow!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.