Sony discman help!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Gibson67, Aug 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gibson67

Gibson67 Life is a Magical Mystery Tour enjoy the ride Thread Starter

Hi all

Going through a bit of a retro period of late, so last night I submitted an an offer on a well known auction site for a Sony Discman D-90 which I won. It's in great condition but does not have a charger or the Sony Rechargeable ni-cad battery. I only paid peanuts, and if I can't source a battery then my Mums other half said he'd give me what I paid for it, so really I've lost nothing

Just wondering if the batteries are still available? Seem to think that a Denon one will also fit? Can any of you guys point me in the right direction for sourcing one of these.

Nige

2. telliott

telliott Senior Member

Maybe a place like Batteries Plus can find a battery that will fit.

3. kevinsinnott

kevinsinnott Forum Coffeeologist

I've seen an ad by a company who will take your ni-cad and recharge or re-cel it - I'm not sure what the science is here. I found the service on eBay. Here is a link to their offer, although it looks like it's no longer available.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/161412728062?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
    Maybe you can find them or someone like them elsewhere. It's try Head-Fi.com as their audience used to be heavily into vintage CD players.

4. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

You still have it ? A universal PS would have done the trick. I use mine to power all my PCDP's.

John Bliss likes this.
  5. John Bliss

John Bliss Forum Resident

There was also a piece that could be inserted if you took out the battery pack, to convert it to take AA batteries. They sell those on eBay. Not sure it works for all regions though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.