Sony Legacy Pop Market (Part Four)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by MilesSmiles, Dec 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Today's deal is the Depeche Mode vinyl-bundle, which I decided to order.

2. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Message to Pop Market: ENOUGH WITH THE VINYLS! WE AREN'T ALL HIPSTERS HERE!

:D

stereoptic likes this.
  3. jsb!

jsb! Forum Resident

It showed 'Not Available' when I put it in my basket. (Usually $80, on sale for $98!) Maybe they got sick of Australians trying to buy things?

4. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Keep going through to the final checkout. It doesn't add the shipping in. Maybe it's a glitche? I didn't want to buy this but it might actually still work...?

5. imarcq

Yes I kept going forward to the paypal page. So it may work. be persistent...

6. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

PopMarket has shipped my Van Morrison vinyl bundle after it was backordered for several weeks. If anyone else has been in the same boat, hopefully you'll get your shipment notification soon.

7. imarcq

Yes it does work if you follow it through BUT it adds on the now ubiquitous $45 surcharge right at the last minute!

8. jsb!

jsb! Forum Resident

Thanks for trying that. I wasn't really interested in it, not at that price, but good to see they're still sneaking in that $45 charge. All the ones I've noticed that on have been vinyl bundles, so it'll be interesting to see what they do for the next cd-based deal.

Anyway, I'm probably pretty much done with Pop Market. Still have that 15% coupon, but if I can't use it in the next week or two I might just donate it here to someone who'll use it. Haven't been attracted by any of their deals for ages now, even when they still had 'free' shipping, and it's hard to see that changing...

imarcq likes this.
  9. imarcq

No I didn't by it either. But was funny how it now says shipping 'unavailable' but sneaks it in right at the end just before you pay. It could very easily catch you out!

10. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

It showed the same thing to me as I ordered, otherwise the order went fine through.
    With my case it didnt add any postage or shipping to the price, but as usual with Popmarket/MyPlay, the prices already have little taxes and shippings included.
    I already sent message to their customer-service, asked about this error and for what I did receive quickly back, I got the impression that my order is still ok.

imarcq and jsb! like this.
  11. olson

olson Forum Resident

I believe I have added that comment to every survey I have done for PopMarket. Actually, I just said, more SACD bundles like the Norah Jones Set please.

12. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Ok, just got message that Depeche Mode vinyl-bundle has been shipped.

13. jwstl

jwstl Forum Resident

Me too. I suggested they start a sister site for vinyl offers.

14. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I did the same and indicated that CD and SACD were my preferred formats in the latest survey.

15. laughalot

laughalot Forum Resident

Is it my imagination or has Pop Market become really expensive?

16. If you live out side the USA it certainly has.

17. laughalot

laughalot Forum Resident

Looks like its time to cut ties with them

18. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Not entirely true, since some of the deals are indeed cheap prices.
    Believe me, I know these things:righton:

Depends on the case really, but for example, the Depeche Mode vinyl-bundle was with the price you cant find anywhere else.
    Anywhere else, especially in Europe those reissues have been priced much higher.

19. imarcq

It still depends on where you live. I bet the shipping to Finland isn't $45. Or that the price doesn't take a massive hike when you select your country instead of the USA setting. Then it starts to look less favourable. But I do take your point about how some releases are expensive in Europe. You should see what they charge locally here in Australia too.

20. D Schnozzman

D Schnozzman Forum Resident

They're doing a promotion for their 1,000th daily deal this weekend. No particularly good deals on offer (just stuff they've had before, but more expensive). However, there's a contest to win all this weekend's offers. I entered and received another 15% discount coupon.

21. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

LOL...I entered too and also ended up with a 15% off coupon. Used it promptly to get the Rolling Stones clear vinyl bundle - only $57 for all three LPs shipped! Not a bad deal.

22. With 15% discount applied still costs me US$95 and they show it as free shipping....yeah,right.

imarcq likes this.
  23. imarcq

It jumps from $59.99 up to $107.99 for Australia! What a bargain! Quick buy two and get 15% off both! ;)

You can sell the spare set right here on the forum..... :laugh:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  24. imarcq

Competition T&Cs....

Sweepstakes may only be entered in or from the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding its possessions and territories), England, Scotland and Wales and Canada (excluding the province of Quebec), collectively “Prize Draw Territory”. Entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not located within the within the Prize Draw Territory.

They don't wanna pay the postage if the winner is in Australia. Funny how they allow UK but not Europe. What's that all about? Oh and sod off French speaking Canadians, that's close enough to Europe lol! What a stupid bunch of rules these are?

25. imarcq

Good job you're not in Quebec else they'll have that coupon back lol!

ptijerm likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.