Sony Legacy Pop Market (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Mark, Mar 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff Thread Starter

2. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

These codes give you 10% off at checkout:

FACEBOOK10
    (expiration date unknown)

SAVE10NOW
    (expires April 15, 2012)

3. Alternative4

Alternative4 One of These Days I'll Get an Early Night

Not impressed, brought it from amazon last week!

4. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Quote:

Originally Posted by imarcq
    Hopefully not for too much longer! I'll post here when my set arrives.

I hope that both your and Jimmy's sets arrive in good shape. Mine was packaged in a flat cardboard parcel and it had gotten crushed during shipping which destroyed the outer plastic sleeve by splitting it along the edges. The CDs and 45 were unscathed but not having the sleeve was a pain. They were kind enough to send another complete set to me when I asked about a getting a replacement sleeve. So that was a plus but they used the same type of parcel to ship it in again. Fortunately, it arrived intact. Antway, I hope that both of your fare better in their journey to you.

Oh I hope so! Although when my Hendrix set got mashed they sent me a whole new set of 5 LP's! Same packaging but arrived in perfect shape. I sold the mashed up ones! Black Keys LP's arrived in perfect shape - but simple record mailers are still hit and miss, so it's down to luck! Of course the longer your packge is in transit the more change of it being stored poorly. The Black Keys came in a few days by courier. DEVO are in the normal airmail and so far 14 days and waiting. Should be here soon now allowing for average time from USA to OZ. It's not the quickest service from USA via the snail mail though.

5. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR

Yep...my Cheap Trick box was sent 29 Feb and Devo 8 March...I'd rather pay to have it sent airmail :sigh:

6. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Seeing as it's $15 cheaper from Pop Market, I am impressed.

7. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

John Lee Hooker - Hooker
    Today only, get this ultimate cross-licensed Hooker collection covering his entire career at the exclusive PopMarket discount price of $34.99!

4 CDs – 84 Tracks!
    Features songs originally released on the Modern, Sensation, King, Regal, Staff, Chess, Fortune, DeLuxe, Specialty, Crown, Vee-Jay, Riverside, Guest Star, Atco, Savoy, Verve-Folkways, Wand, Impulse, Polydor, Fontana, Bluesway, Liberty, ABC, Pausa, Chameleon, Pointblank, and Eagle labels.
    Features performances with Muddy Waters, Buddy Guy, Eric Clapton, Carlos Santana, Bonnie Raitt, Robert Cray, Van Morrison, Los Lobos, Canned Heat and many others.
    60-page booklet contains rare photos, session details and tributes from Van Morrisson, Carlos Santana, Bonnie Raitt, George Thorogood, and Fito de la Parra of Canned Heat, plus a detailed essay by award-winning music critic Ted Drozdowski.

8. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Amazing set...well worth the money.

9. imarcq

I wrote and asked them about the delivery timeframes. This is what they said:

Hi Mark,

I understand your concern regarding your orders. I have check both your orders and was able to confirm that one of the order XXXXX was shipped was shipped on March 08, 2012 via UPS Mail Innovations. The delivery duration of UPS Mail Innovations for international orders is 8 to 18 business days. If you do not receive your order within 18 business days from the date of the shipment, please contact your local Post Office and enquire whether they received your order.

Please note that your local post office will deliver your parcel, not UPS. That's because with UPS Mail Innovations, UPS processes and delivers your parcel to your country's postal service who will deliver the parcel to you.

Unfortunately, the other order ZZZZZ is in the status of backorder. The order will be shipped as soon as the product becomes available in our warehouse.

You can follow the status of your order online using the link below:

http://www.myplaydirect.com/popmarket/orders/ZZZZZ

At this point of time we do not have any information on the expected availability dates as to when the backordered items will become available.

Please see the list below for information on how we ship:

- CDs sold for delivery in the U.S. are shipped via the U.S. Postal Service.

- Artist Box-Sets and other non-CD products (Blu-rays, DVDs, Prints, Clothing, etc.) are shipped either by UPS Ground or UPS Mail Innovations.

Some artist sites offer an International shipment option. Orders shipped outside of the U.S. are shipped either via UPS Worldwide Express Saver or UPS Mail Innovations depending on the total weight of your purchase and delivery location.

Hope that helps? Not much really eh?

10. Jimmy Agates

Yeah....no great insight there!! Still waiting...just seems so strange the Priest box arrived in 10 days...oh well hopefully next week!!!

11. imarcq

I think it comes down to whether they use the UPS courier or the UPS innovations. The courier arrives in days, the innovations whenever as it goes via AusPost and customs clearance. I don't think the free shipping effects it, as they point out it's the actual media that dictates the method. So vinyl (which is heavier) goes via the courier - and CD sets via the airmail. I wouldn't mind betting that all our items are already in Oz, sitting on a shelf in customs waiting for processing. Apparently we are all buying so much stuff online that both customs and Aus Post don't cope with the increased volume so well. They can't get any extra staff, or something like that! Fingers crossed for next week then! Monday is the 18 day delivery timeframe they quoted. Of course going to the Post Office doesn't help much here as unless they leave you a card they don't have it. On a positive note, as we both await the same Devo set, sent on the same day it's not lost, just delayed. Bet they both arrive on the same day!

12. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Weekend deal is this:

Aretha Franklin - Complete Columbia + Arista Years bundle
    Today only, get Aretha Franklin's complete Columbia Records output PLUS the newly released best of compilation of her Arista years at the exclusive PopMarket discount price of $84.99!

TAKE A LOOK: ARETHA FRANKLIN COMPLETE ON COLUMBIA

11 CDs Of Her Electrifying Output From 1960 - 1965
    Newly Mastered With Mono Mixes & Unreleased Tracks
    Bonus DVD of Soul-Stirring TV Performances
    Lavish, Limited Edition with Numbered Certificate

KNEW YOU WERE WAITING: THE BEST OF ARETHA FRANKLIN

Released to coincide with Aretha’s 70th birthday on March 25, 2012
    First comprehensive overview of her Arista Records years
    GUESTS on this compilation include: Whitney Houston, Elton John, George Michael, Eurythmics, George Benson, Clarence Clemons & Keith Richards!

13. Alternative4

Alternative4 One of These Days I'll Get an Early Night

What does temporarily back ordered mean? Sounds like I won't actually get my item.

14. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

you'll get it...just not for awhile.

15. Jimmy Agates

Lets hope so I'm renowned for my impatience...:confused:

Its the Cheap Trick set that I'm most concerned about...you'd think it would be sent the same as the Priest box which as I said only too 10 days....oh well....

16. leshafunk

leshafunk Forum Resident

Do they really ship those daily deals?
    Mine Sly pack turned from pre-order to backorder on the supposed shipping date.
    Looks like a pyramyd...

17. imarcq

Were those sets CD or Vinyl? As the vinyl takes the super-quick courier but the CD's take the snail. My Devo CD's not here yet btw! What always worries me when stuff takes forever to arrive is how it has been stored meanwhile. So far 18 days for the DEVO CD...but Black Keys Vinyl LP's literally came in a few days - over the weekend in fact! This Devo set is actually the longest I've waited for any of this Sony Popmarket stuff. I was lucky before I guess....at least it is SONY rather than some no-name outfit who could go under.

18. imarcq

Yes of course they do! It's Sony not some bogus online sham. But having said that they still take their time. But everything does show up eventually....

19. Jake!

Jake! Active Member

Magnetic Fields 6 albums just arrived here. Got the Black Keys last week.

20. D Schnozzman

D Schnozzman Forum Resident

Looks like this week's daily deals are...

3/26 | Monday
    Aerosmith

3/27 | Tuesday
    Iggy Pop

3/28 | Wednesday
    Miles Davis

3/29 | Thursday
    Pearl Jam

3/30 | Friday
    AC/DC

21. Jake!

Jake! Active Member

Also, Pink Floyd discovery box just arrived :)

22. leshafunk

leshafunk Forum Resident

Well, I have only 45 days to wait.
    Average delivery from US takes approx. 4 weeks. Hence only two weeks left for backorders and preorders.

23. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

I'm still waiting for my Devo too, but The Black Keys came in a couple of days, I'm not worried I ordered stuff before (eg. The Raw Power deluxe) and it took weeks to arrive.

24. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Aerosmith - Box of Fire
    For the next 24 hours only, get this Gold certified box set of Aerosmith's first 12 Albums PLUS a bonus disc of rarities at the exclusive PopMarket discount price of $54.99!

The Definitive Aero-Collection
    All 12 Original Albums + BONUS Disc w/ rarities
    121 Tracks
    Remastered from the original source tapes
    CD booklets feature classic photos and memorabilia

25. spewey

spewey Senior Member

What do y'all think of Iggy's "Roadkill Rising" set?

I'm a little unsure about pulling the trigger on this one.

Iggy Pop - Roadkill Rising: The Bootleg Collection 1977-2009
    For the next 24 hours only, get the most comprehensive Iggy Pop live collection ever at the exclusive PopMarket discount price of $25.99!
    Contains 66 performances, none officially released until now, on 4 CDs
    Mastered from the best-available soundboard and audience recordings

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.