Sony Legacy Pop Market

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by hutlock, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Well I only paid less than US$7.99 for 5 LP's to ship to Australia so I would guess our donkey might perhaps be a able to see a tiny bit better, but still fall over!

2. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Not shocked to see that new OZZY set starting to show up ......

3. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

That seems to be the pattern now; release a lavish box set at a jacked up price for the fan with deep pockets, and then blow it out at a discount a few months later for the bargain hunters.

4. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I'm sure we will see this one A LOT in the coming months ......

5. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Indeed, its ok to wait than to hasty and preorder with so high price.
    I might have patience on few upcoming releases..and then order those with bargain prices.

6. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

And they wonder why things don't sell? I find myself sitting and waiting more and more often. I'd have bought the Springsteen "Darkness" Blu-ray set, but I'm sure it'll show up here eventually.

7. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Is anybody buying? I can't imagine anybody interested, till the price goes below $80.

8. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Much too much Ozzy for me. It would have to be a lot cheaper for me to consider it. Plus, I already have the Diary of a Madman deluxe CD set.

9. imarcq

I'll skip Ozzy for sure, but looking forward to my Hendrix vinyl :)

10. Me too! I am waiting for my Hendrix to arrive!

11. imarcq

That's SUCH a good deal. I wonder how soon they ship them. Post when you get yours. Mine will take a little longer to arrive down here :(

12. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

I just think its ok to wait if the artist/band aint among your truly favorites or when the price is a bit too high on preorder. As for the Ozzy set, I have the After Hours footage in almost pristine quality and also got the new remasters of the 2 albums...I might take the option of buying the vinyls separate then.

13. Agreed, and I will post as soon as they arrive!

14. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing Thread Starter

Today's deal:

Today only, get this exclusive PopMarket bundle offer of Newly Remastered Vinyl Editions of Pearl Jam's first 3 studio albums at the VIP PopMarket discount price of $39.99!

Pearl Jam's First 3 Original Studio Albums Newly Remastered For Vinyl
    Includes Previously Unreleased Remixed Version of Ten
    180 Gram Audiophile LP Pressings
    Complete Original Artwork w/ 12" x 12" Gatefold LP Packaging
    Three classic albums from Pearl Jam that broke all initial SoundScan records and secured the band's reputation as a preeminent force in American rock music - on 180 gram audiophile vinyl! This exclusive PopMarket Pearl Jam VINYL bundle brings together the 3 original studio albums PLUS the Previously Unreleased Remixed version of Ten.

Amazon price: $59.65 for the three.

15. imarcq

That Pearl jam set almost tempted me again! :( I wonder what the Dylan day will be? They already have the Dylan mono CD box for sale already - wouldn't it be awesome if they discount the Vinyl mono box? I have the Sundazed set and would love to compare how they both sound. The word is that the Sony legacy are better? But I guess we will have to wait and see.

btw: My shipping status for the Hendrix set is still stubbornly stuck on 'pre-order SOLD OUT' even though (being in Oz) I actually bought my set several hours before they really did sell out. Is this the normal process for popmarket - should I worry? I'd have expected it to have shipped by now. I mean it is SONY so you would expect them to have the product ready to go.

16. Should arrive here in the UK sometime next week, let's see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.