Sony Universal Player (UBP X-800 M2)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by greasepaint, Nov 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greasepaint

greasepaint Loser's game. Thread Starter

Amazon.com: Sony UBP-X800M2 4K UHD Home Theater Streaming Blu-Ray Disc Player (UBPX800M2), Black : Electronics

On sale for 198, but unfortunately is "temporarily" out of stock. I have one and it is a bit skittish (has required a few resets) but it does play DVD-As. I only have a few of those, but listening to the "Nightfly" in that format with surround and still visuals is big time fun. It has been a satisfactiry unit overall. Some here might be interested in one of these as a back-up (even on a "waitlist" basis) given the concern about continued availability of devices that play tangible media and the relative dearth of universal players. Would like to have a spare myself, but cannot justify this Yuletide outlay.

jamesc likes this.
  2. greasepaint

Yikes! I meant for this to go under the Amazon US thread. Would move or delete if I could.

3. jamesc

jamesc Senior Member

Best Buy and Crutchfield have it for ~$200 as well but I think only through today. Both seem to be out of stock online but Crutchfield still has the add to cart option at the moment:

Sony UBP-X800M2

greasepaint likes this.
  4. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Sony and other manufacturers control the pricing of their equipment, so focus your purchase on who has it in stock and is reliable, even if it isn’t one of your usual go-to stores.

greasepaint likes this.
  5. greasepaint

Looks like the low price was strictly a cyber Monday thing. Prices back closer to 3 bills on Amazon and Crutchfield when last checked. Still remains out of stock. Hope some interested folks managed to take advantage of the discounted price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.