Sopranos 6th season confirmed

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Tyler, Jun 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member Thread Starter

From the Associated Press:

NEW YORK (AP) -- Tony Soprano -- or at least the HBO series that bears his name -- will be sticking around awhile longer.

HBO announced that it has agreed with producers of the award-winning mob drama for a sixth season. The cast currently is wrapping up production on the fifth season, which will begin in March 2004.

The sixth season will consist of 10 episodes, shorter than the 13-episode seasons "The Sopranos" usually offers, HBO spokeswoman Tobe Becker said Thursday. HBO is a division of AOL Time Warner, as is CNN.

It's widely assumed that the sixth season will be the last one for "The Sopranos." Then again, it was widely assumed the fifth season would, too.

Series creator David Chase signaled the intention to keep going last week in an interview with the New York Daily News.

"I'd planned out an arc for season five that would have ended the show," he said. "But as we're getting into it, we're finding there's a lot more material. We could cram it into 13 episodes, but I don't know that it's the right thing to do."

Chase and his production team began negotiations that led to the extra 10-episode season.

Production for the sixth season will start in early 2005. No air dates have been set.

2. Cliff

Cliff Magic Carpet Man

YES!! This is one of my favorite series of all time! Thanks for posting the good news, Pretzel :thumbsup:

3. Tyler

I'm looking forward to a sixth season as well Cliff. It's easily the best program on television. I can't wait for the season four DVD to come out.

4. MMM

MMM Forum Hall Of Fame

Thanks!

5. Me three. I haven't seen the fourth season yet. Anybody have it on tape...at SP....wide screen....? :) :D

6. Tyler

The fourth season is a little bit slower than the second or the third, but it's still pretty good. The fourth season should be out sometime this year on DVD, but I don't think there's been an official announcement.

7. Clay

Clay Forum Resident

Great news! The only reason to have HBO

I did like the season 1 of 24 on DVD even better.

8. lsupro

lsupro King of Ignorers

Love that show... after season six.. the can do the 2 or three feature films... Big Money there..

9. bldg blok

bldg blok Forum Resident

Wow! I'm amazed at the positive tone of this thread. I've pretty much avoided "Sopranos" threads on other boards because people carp about either season 4 or 3 or both. If one season simply mirrored the next, I'd have stopped watching the show. I WANT things to change and since I see there's at least one poster who hasn't viewed the 4th season, I won't do spoilers, but I'm glad there was more focus on the family last season. I'm not happy that it'll take so long for a new season, but w/ so little on TV that I really like, I'm willing to wait.

10. Cliff

Cliff Magic Carpet Man

The only bitch I have with Sopranos, is that they wait FOREVER in between seasons!! I've heard March '04 for start of Season 5, is that accurate?

11. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Forum Hall Of Fame

Hi Clay,

Dunno bout that! Have ya tried Six Feet Under and/or The Wire? While i like The Sopranos the best, i think the other two are some of the best on TV. :)

-Jeffrey

12. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

This is great news, but I still wish they'd bring back Big *****.

13. Tyler

That's what I've been hearing.

14. Cliff

Cliff Magic Carpet Man

Not to change the subject, but how/when did you change your user ID, Tyler?

EDIT: Just read your post in Off Topic, nevermind :)

15. Tyler

I missed "The Wire" but "Six feet under" is pretty good. I didn't catch all the episodes, my girlfriend really hates it. She does like The Sopranos though.

16. grbl

grbl Just Lurking

I don't get Six Feet Under. My wife loves it. It annoys me. She also loves Sex in the City, which I can't stand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.