Sopranos Blu Ray

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by hbbfam, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Amazon UK just hit my card for $118.87 !!!!! :goodie::pineapple::bdance::hugs:

artfromtex likes this.
  2. Mikkel

Mikkel Forum Resident

Unboxing of the UK box:

artfromtex likes this.
  3. Myke

6 days from shipping, it's here ! Looks great, sounds great. I couldn't be happier.

artfromtex likes this.
  4. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

Thinking about getting the UK box. It's now $146 shipped. Still way cheaper than the US version. No playback issues and region free NTSC, right?

5. Myke

Right. Audio is superior. The rear speakers come in and surprise me quite a bit ( off camera activity, branches snapping outdoors, pool balls being hit indoors... ), video is breathtaking.

artfromtex likes this.
  6. artfromtex

Awesome. I just plunked down $70 for that Clint Eastwood UK box. I'll probably wait till next payday for The Sopranos. Maybe it'll drop back down a little. I'm pretty stoked about getting it. I haven't watched the show since the screen went black. I'm ready for some "gabagool"!! ;)

7. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I heard they're adding an additional disc that actually provides a definitive ending for the final episode!

Maybe not. :sigh:

8. Graham

Graham Senior Member

Had my box for a week and a half and already into season 2. Great stuff.

9. artfromtex

In a radio interview in the week after the series finale the actor that played "Members Only Jacket" said there was more footage shot to that final scene that got cut out that would answer the question about Tony's fate.

10. Myke

artfromtex likes this.
  11. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I'll wait until it's $86 -- which is $1 per episode, or about $3 per disc (28 discs).

12. dobyblue

dobyblue Forum Resident

13. Raylinds

Raylinds Resident Lake Surfer

14. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

[​IMG]

$159.99 release day at Best Buy. I am sure amazon.com will price match for those of you who want to get a damaged copy from them.

artfromtex likes this.
  15. dobyblue

dobyblue Forum Resident

No I'm 99.99% sure it's all regions coded and is identical to the UK, WB rarely ever put region coding on their sets anymore where they have worldwide distribution. Amazon often put incorrect region coding on their listings when they're relatively new so people don't get discs and return them. The Spanish set has English, French, Spanish and Castellano 2.0 Dolby tracks (in addition to English 5.1 dts-ma) so it's likely the exact same as the ones being sold in UK and France.

I have an Orei BDP-M2 for region coded discs so I'm good either way.

16. Raylinds

The item description says Region B:

• Audio: Inglés (DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1), Castellano (DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0)
    • Subtítulos: Castellano, Francés, Alemán
    • Relación de aspecto: 1.78:1
    • Número de discos: 28

17. Myke

Amazon descriptions are usually wrong...Worldwide. I'm asking over at Blu-ray.com. Should have an answer soon.

Meanwhile : http://regionfreemovies.com/studio/HBO_Home_Video

18. Myke

19. dobyblue

dobyblue Forum Resident

That's why I mentioned in my previous post:

"Amazon often put incorrect region coding on their listings when they're relatively new so people don't get discs and return them. The Spanish set has English, French, Spanish and Castellano 2.0 Dolby tracks (in addition to English 5.1 dts-ma) so it's likely the exact same as the ones being sold in UK and France."

No-one has stated that they have the set in hand from Amazon.es which is why I said I'm only 99.9999% sure...I'll update the Blu-ray.com listing for region coding once I get mine in a week or so. It's a handy place to check as it's updated quite regularly.

Amazon often also list formats incorrectly, it took almost three weeks to get them to change the Amazon US listing of the HFPA Songs from the Big Chair from "DVD-Audio" to "Blu-ray Audio".

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
    Myke likes this.
  20. Raylinds

Thanks guys for clearing up the Amazon error.

Myke likes this.
  21. dobyblue

dobyblue Forum Resident

Price just dropped by another 4+EU, now works out to US$90 shipped to USA.

22. artfromtex

I could get the UK box for $143 and wait a week and a half, or just wait till Tuesday and get it at Best Buy for $159. Considering the dinged corners my Clint Eastwood box had, I think I'll wait till Tuesday and pay an extra $16.

23. Myke

Damn. My $119. at UK came and went, huh ? Nice to be reminded of my Blessings now and again.

artfromtex likes this.
  24. artfromtex

Yes indeed. Wish I would have jumped on it early. Oh well. Maybe I can sell my DVD sets to offset the cost.

Myke likes this.
  25. Myke

Desert Island boxed set.

artfromtex likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.