SOPRANOS Season 5 Finale: Let the discussion begin.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by FredCamp, Jun 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ted Bell

Ted Bell Forum Dentist

How about when Johnny Sack suggested a meeting that evening and Tony replied "Let me remind you I have a 136 IQ"

2. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

Did Rachel and Ross get married?
    ;)
    Peace-
    Norm

3. Ted Bell

Ted Bell Forum Dentist

I don't know, but they found her car at the airport ;)

4. Burningfool

Burningfool Just Stay Alive

If I'm not mistaken, the stoop that Tony sat on during that cell phone call to his lawyer was right in front of my old grade school, Gould School in North Caldwell, NJ. I recognized the building immediately.
    :)

If it was indeed my old school then the producers added a very cool touch, since the school is very nearby the house where Tony lives (I mean the actual house that is used as the Soprano home on the show.) It is also in North Caldwell, just around the corner from the school. Only people from that part of Jersey would ever recognize the connection.

Very nice touch!

Chris

5. Sput

Sput Boilerphile In Memoriam

I don't know about that. I think he had to do it regardless. Even his own guys were pissed over it.

6. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

I spent kindergarten and first grade at Washington Elementary School in West Caldwell. Then my dad was transferred from the RCA tube plant in Patterson to the RCA picture tube in Circleville, Ohio.

I loved the episode where Tony B. was beating up his massage parlor business partner. "It's pronounced WEST CALDWELL!!!"

7. FredCamp

FredCamp Senior Member Thread Starter

It just dawned on me how Season Five's finale leaves Tony 180 degrees from where he was at the end of Season Four, when he had no real home and his problems (domestic and otherwise) were just beginning. Makes me think the worst for the end of Season Six.

8. Burningfool

Burningfool Just Stay Alive

LOL! I loved that, too.

There are so many cool Jersey scenes that I don't think I can list them all. Every week I spot something I recall from my childhood.

I used to park with my girlfriend near the George Washington house in the reservation where they did the Bevilacqua hit a few seasons ago.
    :righton:

Chris

9. GregM

GregM The expanding man

I liked when T found the portrait of himself as general with pie-o-my above Pauly's fireplace, had a fit, threw it in the dumpster and then focused on his hand on the sword in the portrait. He knew what he had to do. In the next scene he whacked Tony B.

Then he and Chris seemed to reconnect. The fact that they both lost someone close to them made their connection stronger.

The Feds taking in Johnny seemed like an easy way to wrap up the season. It wasn't really necessary because T seemed to have convinced him to accept the way he handled Tony B and move on. But it does open the door to T becoming king of NY.

I also really liked the long sequence of coming home at the end, as someone else pointed out, you're not sure if it's the bear coming back again--it is, really, but this time Carmella welcomes it into the house. Obviously, the bear was a symbol for T right at the start of the season.

10. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Exactly. Tony B broke family protocol by taking out a rival without permission, and a made guy at that....which is a no-no, unless sanctioned from on high. His whacking was no more surprising than Adriana's, and, like that one, was surprising only in how it was presented, shot and--excuse the pun--executed....:eek:

Depressing, though, that it may not be until 2006 we get new eps for the final season....give us a break, Mr. Chase!

:ed:

11. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

I believe Tony was not reconnecting as much as trying to get a sense if Christopher could actually be trusted because of his (past?) heroin addiction and Adrianna talking to the Feds. After all, he checked the bathroom for drugs and then questioned Christopher what Adrianna may have seen or been told. Tony will eventually find out that a Family member (Ray) is working with the Feds, but don't be surprised in season six if he assumes it is Christopher because of the Adrianna situation.

12. Ted Bell

Ted Bell Forum Dentist

I would be surprised since it was obviously Christopher who let T know about Adriana.

13. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Forum Hall Of Fame

Hi,

I disagree...... the hug that Tony gave Christopher looked to me like a father hugging his son. IMO, it was a genuine outpouring of Tony's love.

Take care,
    Jeffrey

14. GregM

GregM The expanding man

I agree with Jeffrey and Jay.

If I had to guess, I'd say T will give C a lot of the business in New York that Johnny's arrest has left wide open.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.