Sopranos

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by b&w, Jul 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b&w

b&w Forum Resident Thread Starter

I thought waiting for season 5 was bad, this is somehow worse. I swear if I see David Chase on the street, kick to the nads...nads used a refrence to lighter soparano's language..
    :D

http://channels.aimtoday.com/celebr...ff/story/0001/20040726/1534995208.htm&sc=1401

No 'Sopranos' Until 2006

NEW YORK (AP) - No ``Sopranos'' family members will get knocked off in 2005. That's because HBO has announced Thursday that the sixth and final season of the popular mob drama won't premiere until sometime in 2006.

``It's like the Harry Potter book,'' HBO chairman Chris Albrecht said last week. ``You'll wait very long and be happy when you get it.''

Albrecht said ``The Sopranos'' creator and executive producer David Chase can take all the time he needs to write, hinting the final season could become longer than the 10 episodes Chase committed to in January.

``The Sopranos'' wrapped up its fifth season last month.

``Until the last episode of `The Sopranos` airs, I'm always hopeful,'' Albrecht said.

Other HBO shows that will live on include a fifth season of Larry David's comedy ``Curb Your Enthusiasm'' and sophomore seasons of the dark dramas ``Carnivale'' and ``Deadwood.''

On the Net:

http://www.hbo.com

07/26/04 15:34

© Copyright The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained In this news report may not be published, broadcast or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

...any word on the release date for the 5th Season DVD set?

3. Cheepnik

Cheepnik Overfed long-haired leaping gnome

Chase is going to lose an incredible amount of momentum at this rate, especially if he sticks with such a short season. He's going to spend half the season getting viewers up to speed on all the various plot arcs.

And anyway, what's really left to be resolved? Johnny Sack's presumably out of the picture, the Adriana/FBI thing is taken care of, Junior's fading into the sunset, Tony and Carmela might or might not reconcile....it's hard to imagine what will be worth waiting two years for.

4. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

The sound you hear is my fingers frustratingly drumming on the table top.

5. RetroSmith

RetroSmith Forum Hall Of Fame<br>(Formerly Mikey5967)

He isnt going to lose any momentum. hes a master at stoking the fans and making them wait, thus increasing the frenzy.

I also feel pretty confident they will shoot 13 episodes for the final season. They will owe it to the fans for having No Sopranos in 2005.

Sure glad Ive got DVDS.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.