Soundsmith Paua Mk II

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by ChrisAZ, Apr 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisAZ

ChrisAZ Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Have any of you tried the Soundsmith Paua Mk II? I'm thinking of upgrading from my Lyra Delos and am considering this cart along with the Kiseki NS Purple Heart.

2. jcmusic

jcmusic Forum Resident

I have not heard this one but, I do have the Sotto Voce and I love it!!!

Johnny Vinyl likes this.
  3. ChrisAZ

ChrisAZ Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Well, I've pulled the trigger and ordered the Paua Mk II. The dealer, who has one in his own system, gave me a trade in value on my Lyra Delos almost equal to what I paid for it several years ago. That combined with recommendations from people I respect, plus glowing reviews (although its not been widely reviewed), kind of made the purchase a no brainer. I'll report back once Peter builds it and it's delivered (2 - 4 weeks) and I get to burn it in. Sure hope it lives up to the hype!

Johnny Vinyl likes this.
  4. Chazz

Chazz Music Addict

Chris,
    Did you get the Paua MK II yet? If you did, can you give me your thoughts on how it sounds. I just upgraded my table to a VPI Classic 4 and chose this cartridge after a lot of research and phone conversations with VPI and Peter at The Soundsmith. My original budget was about half the cost of the Paua but, I decided to stretch it and get what my new table deserves....... I realize that if you do have it, it may not be completely run in yet.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.