Soundstage Direct Frustration

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by eoswa, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Laszlo H.

Laszlo H. Active Member

I opened disputes with PayPal (for both regular PayPal purchases and PayPal credit purchases). I took just under 10 days but I got all of my money back and/or credit transactions cancelled with PayPal. Don't delay in filing disputes, get your money back! I had over $400.00 in preorder/open orders with SSD. As soon as I realized that the Petty Live set was not a warehouse find (false advertising on their part) and in fact a reissue I called at the end of June / beginning of July to cancel it. That was the last time anyone picked up the phone and spoke with me. There was no email confirmation of the cancellation of the Petty Live set (they promised a follow up email) and nobody answered phones or returned emails from that point on after several attempts at both. It is sad that it had to end this way.

VinylMario likes this.
  2. VinylMario

VinylMario Well-Known Member

WTF happened? Excuse my irreverence, I too am baffled. I've been in contact with them since the beginning of July about an order that was supposed to ship early July. They told me it was a Distributor issue, so I left it alone. I shoulda checked Hoffman. Dammit now I've gotta talk to PayPal about this. It's a little over $100.
    I've never had any problems with them for the past 10 years I've dealt with them. Which is the reason I didn't think anything was wrong.
    Sad news, really. They were so highly regarded...

3. pathguy

pathguy Forum Resident

Yeah, from what I heard on the other thread, SSD was purchased and Seth is apparently not there anymore.

4. steve7633

steve7633 Active Member

People are now getting responses from the supposed buyer that they have not purchased SSD. So who knows what’s going on!

Strat-Mangler and Dave like this.
  5. pathguy

pathguy Forum Resident

Good heavens: reason enough to stay away.

6. nolasooner

nolasooner Member

I just got notification from PayPal that I got my refund. Took right at 10 days from the time I opened the dispute. I hope all you others, that are owed $, fare as well. Does anyone know if the brick and mortar store is still open? They have to have inventory on hand that needs to be liquidated.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  7. progmog

progmog Forum Resident

I got my refund from PayPal yesterday as well. Like the previous poster, I got it exactly 10 days after I filed the dispute. For those that paid through PayPal, it seems that you shouldn't have any difficult getting your money back. Good luck to the rest of you!

8. jamjuice

jamjuice Member

Exact same experience here. Long...long...waits for almost everything over the last year or so. I have now got Paypal involved to get my money back for my most recent order. Annoying.

9. KevinG

KevinG Active Member

Got my refund form PayPal, also.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  10. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Very sad. This place used to be on top of their game and the owner....a forum member.

Kinda reminds me of what happened top Fat Sound Guitars a few years back.

11. Wired4Fun

Wired4Fun Forum Resident

I ran into Seth yesterday. He seemed hurried but all smiles. Basically shared that he can't say anything, but to expect an announcement on the page in "a few days". I wished him well, and he said "it's all good stuff". Who knows what that means. I just happen to live in the same town as this business, and have always enjoyed stopping in to pick up my vinyl.

Anyway, he and his team have always been wonderful. I hope this turns out to simply be a poor transition as they grow or sell, and nothing more... still, as someone who has an outstanding order (a mere, $100. Nothing compared to some!) I obviously can't condone this mess in any way. Sucks. I loved SSD.

12. MondoFanM

MondoFanM Member from ATX

Add me to the PayPal refunds. Came through today.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  13. Vinyl Richie

Vinyl Richie Forum Resident

I mean, what’s he going to say? He knowingly defrauded people?

14. glide

glide Forum Resident

I highly doubt that was his motivation. He has run an honest ship for many, many years. The recent problems are...recent.

Depending on the situation he is likely bound by an NDA until whatever happens, happens. Certainly sucks to leave customers in the dark but I wouldn't levy that label on him.

mikeyt and GentleSenator like this.
  15. Vinyl Richie

Everyone’s entitled to his opinion.

pghmusiclover likes this.
  16. The Wall

The Wall Well-Known Member

I for one am so glad that Seth was all smiles. I'd like to be all smiles, too, but I'm too busy trying to figure out a way of getting back the hundreds of dollars that SSD owes me for records that were never delivered and refunds that were never issued. But hey, Seth is a great, nice smiley person so I'm sure it was all just an oversight. A recent oversight. And I can't wait to see the "it's all good stuff" announcement. Why I'm sure it will be just as "all good" as his previous announcements. Maybe I can start smiling now.

jimhb, bmh5879, Louise Boat and 2 others like this.
  17. Wired4Fun

Wired4Fun Forum Resident

Look. I get it. Everyone is pissed and worried about losing money. Me too, although as referenced, it's only $100 as compared to others with much more at stake. THAT SAID, I simply reported what happened. Wanted to share what I experienced. Saw Seth. He said he has an NDA, was all smiles, and said good news was coming, "look for it in a few days on the website."

I don't know Seth. I've met him 3 times. I am sorry that any customer anywhere gets an experience that ranges from poor to cheated. BUT I REPORTED WHAT I SAW. If your only reaction is to be a smart @$$ about it, or insinuate that somehow I was suggesting Seth has nothing to answer for, then you CLEARLY misunderstood my post.

My stance is that at BEST, some EXTREMELY poor business practices have been performed, and at worst... well... Yeah. Either way, unlike the rest of the interwebz, I will wait to call someone a thief, defrauder, crook, etc until the facts are in. THE ONLY facts right now, are that his business, of which he is the captain, has **** the bed and done a major disservice by many folks. That is a fact. I'm one of them.

I think it is irresponsible to say anything else, although I understand the temptation. Anyway. That's all I will say. If for some reason my post suggested I was defending him or his actions... NOPE. Not one iota. Always been a nice guy, but SO WHAT. That does not in ANY way excuse the heartache, drama, frustration, and on and on that his company has caused to so many loyal fans.

zongo and 500Homeruns like this.
  18. Vinyl Richie

I wasn’t being a smart ass. I’m sorry you don’t like my opinion. I politely said you were entiteld to yours.

pghmusiclover likes this.
  19. Wired4Fun

Wired4Fun Forum Resident

I wasn't referring to you. ;)

Also, I respect everyone's opinion. Truly. I just think taking my description and making it out as tho I was being flip about this all, is not at ALL representative of what I posted or intended.

But I understand. Folks are rightfully pissed.

20. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Resident

After weeks of no responses, aside from a promise of 5-7 days for a refund that never materialized, filed my PayPal dispute about 10 days ago and after no response there, escalated it. So hopefully I'll have my money back in 10 days. Poor way to handle a business.

21. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Forum Resident

I wouldn't have been that civil.

They're not. Some people have outstanding orders dating back to 2017!

Tullman and PyroMessiah like this.
  22. KevinG

KevinG Active Member

2 weeks ago "an announcement will be made in a few days". I guess the attorneys are racking up fees.

23. aroney

aroney Who really gives a...?

You seem like a fine gentleman. Wanna buy a bridge?

24. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Forum Resident

Add me to the list of those that got a refund after 10 days from opening a dispute within paypal.

Wired4Fun likes this.
  25. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

how soon until this thread devolves in to death threats and doxxing?