Soundstage Direct Frustration

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by eoswa, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff

Let's all stay civilised, please.

hodgo and GentleSenator like this.
  2. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Forum Resident

Something Seth said would happen didn't? Color me surprised!

bmh5879 likes this.
  3. groovelocked

groovelocked Forum Resident

After waiting weeks for a pre-ordered Pulse to ship, knowing they have been very slow to ship lately, and received no reply to an email inquiry, I did the live chat thing and was told it would be a couple more weeks, I could wait or cancel and my paypal would be refunded within a couple days. By then amazon was the same price as their price with 20% off so I said refund please and took the chance of the Pulse set bouncing around in a giant box (thankfully was shipped in a custom shipping box inside another box with plenty of padding). Within minutes of canceling my refund was available in my paypal so I got pretty lucky.

I had previously asked them if they carry anything in stock anymore as everything I went to check prices on lately was never listed as in stock anymore (even new arrivals) and was sent one of those ‘good things coming soon’ emails.

Hopefully this is some messed up transitional period, I’ve loved getting stuff from them over the years, even at times wanted to say here’s a couple hundred bucks surprise me with a few interesting things! Customer service has always been tops and no one has beat their packing even with pretty big orders. Very sad to see them go out- especially like this, if that’s the case.

mikeyt and Dave like this.
  4. adamrant

adamrant Member

I filed my claim with PayPal today. I pre-ordered the Rolling Stones 1971-2016 boxset and they said they were having some delays from their distributor. It appears that this line has been used with several people on this thread. The last Human contact I had with Soundstage Direct was on July 3rd in which I got through to their sales department via their answering service. But since then I too have been getting the message to call back during business hours even though I always called within their business hours. No response via email either. I also ordered the Rolling Stones in Mono Boxset through them and I got an email from them saying it was out-of-print and they couldn't fulfill my order, but they would try to buy through another distributor. I rejected that and asked for my money back just on the mono boxset, which they actually did refund. This transaction was done via the July 3rd transaction, which again was the last time I had an actual human get back to me through Soundstage Direct. I now will be using either Discogs or Music Direct for online vinyl purchases.

5. jamjuice

jamjuice Member

This is my exact same experience with the pre-ordered Rolling Stones 1971-2016 boxset and distributor. In addition, I honestly can't remember the last time I ordered from them and they actually had what they claimed to have in stock. Paypal claim filed.

6. hmthrasher

hmthrasher New Member

Beware of SSD bought 8 albums and when trying to find out why not shipped no answers to email or phone for weeks I tried! I now have 2 cases filed against SSD one with the BBB and one with Paypal to get my money back! Pretty shady whats going on with SSD and its not just a few people either, Karma is coming!

7. The Wall

The Wall Well-Known Member

I wouldn't hold my breath for the BBB. I filed a complaint with them back in early July for $477 that SSD owes me. Got a letter from them last week stating that SSD did not respond to the complaint and that the case is closed. I did file a complaint with Paypal for another $70 that SSD owes me and after 10 days I did get a refund. If only I'd used Paypal for the $477 order. Lesson learned.

8. Shawn

Shawn Forum Resident

From postings on this site alone it seems they accepted orders in the tens of thousands of dollars that they never filled. Wow.

bmh5879 likes this.
  9. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Resident

And after 10 days, thankfully PayPal came through with a refund. Not as huge a hit as others, but happy not to be out $150...

10. tubesandvinyl

tubesandvinyl Forum Resident

PP claim filed today

11. liptrot

liptrot Forum Resident

filed my paypal claim as well. Lesson learned

12. teag

teag Forum Resident

How would you have known?

13. Vinyl Richie

Vinyl Richie Forum Resident

A few days!!! Hahahaha

Dave and pghmusiclover like this.
  14. Mateo Sanboval

Mateo Sanboval Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    Simpler times.

JimBob Jones and groovelocked like this.
  15. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

16. Mateo Sanboval

Mateo Sanboval Forum Resident

So now it's just some weird kind of Discogs knockoff that I'll never trust? Swell.

jimhb likes this.
  17. Tullman

Tullman I prefer analog

I wouldn't trust anything that has anything to do with SSD.

JimBob Jones and jimhb like this.
  18. Sedwards

Sedwards Forum Resident

I don't understand the tie between SSD and Reverb. I recall buying something from a Reverb seller a while back (when SSD was up, running and actually not scamming people) - don't remember if it was a set of tubes or an LP, just remember using it and they sold mostly guitars and equipment and it did operate something like discogs. I think they recently ramped up their LP marketplace, but what's the indication that Seth/SSD is involved. If he is, its bad news!

19. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

Reverb is a community marketplace - SSD has no affiliation besides being a seller to avoid. My guess is that their web address links to the page because maintaining their actual website was too expensive and time consuming, so it just redirects to their seller page on this. It would be like linking to their Amazon page.

Yes, SSD on Reverb is to be avoided. But Reverb itself is untouched by all this.

Gumboo likes this.
  20. Sedwards

Sedwards Forum Resident

Thanks. The redirect just goes to Reverb's general LP marketplace, not Seth's Reverb shop. Does anyone know what Seth's seller/shop name is on Reverb so we can avoid?

Gumboo likes this.
  21. Tullman

Tullman I prefer analog

How is that guy able to business after cheating and lying to so many people. Shouldn't he be in the slammer?

Dave likes this.
  22. teag

teag Forum Resident

Or be in office?

JimBob Jones and The Wall like this.
  23. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

Don't worry - they're all out of office redesigning the company to make it better for everyone. I'm gonna take a week off work so that everything can get fixed, myself.

24. Romerovm

Romerovm Forum Resident

Do we know for a fact that Seth has a shop?

25. Sedwards

Sedwards Forum Resident

I don't. I'm guessing that's the assumption based on his redirect. And that may be right. Or not. But even if he did open a shop, its not a reason to avoid/mistrust Reverb.com, just his shop. I'd like to know b/c I had to go to my cc bank to get back the $350+ he took from me, so if I shop on Reverb, don't want to give him any business, that's for sure.

Gumboo and jimhb like this.