SoundStage Direct "Problems" thread*

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by psulioninks, Jan 16, 2018.

1. The Wall

The Wall Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I pre-ordered both the Rolling Stones and the Buffalo Springfield box sets from them back in April and May respectively. I did get an email response from them last week saying the Stones box set had begun to arrive and orders were being filled in the order in which they were received, yet I've received no notice of shipping and their website shows the status as "awaiting stock". The status for the Buffalo Springfield box is "usually ships in 7-10 days". That's a joke. I have an outstanding order from over a month ago that had a status of "usually ships 4-7 days". Sent another email this morning requesting a refund for both, so we'll see what happens.

2. Denti

Denti Forum Resident

Sounds like the end of a company. I mean if it's really a question of staffing, then hire more people.

Dave and lawz like this.
  3. 2much Vinyl

2much Vinyl Well-Known Member

Yikes, and I was upset about 150 dollars of records that no one is responding to about. I have called a number of times, and you can tell even their answering service is getting frustrated. Bad enough to use an answering service during operating hours, but then not to call back, after they take your message, I feel for the answering company to have to answer the phone at all.

4. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident Thread Starter

With Amazon's free returns, it is making it harder for traditional online sellers to compete. Now eBay has just introduced free 30 day returns as well and Wal-Mart is in beta for a new prime-like service coming this fall with simplified returns as well. This spells bad news for sellers like SSD, Elusive Disc, Music Direct and Acoustic Sounds.

Most of the music I purchase is on vinyl - a format wrought with problems. I order about 98% of my music from Amazon as I don't like having to pay for quality control issues that are not my fault. I think more purchasing options are always better, but in the case of vinyl, I order from those who have my back.

5. Shawn

Shawn Forum Resident

Wow, I'd be calling my credit card company ASAP.

6. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

I use my local stores when I can, they are cool with returns even if I feel like a dork complaining my record has non fill or is warped. Even if it means paying a bit more than amazon. Things are going to change with all these returns at amazon SOON. They are already going out of their way to not be cool about returns even if you're prime and even it is is "defective"

7. pathguy

pathguy Forum Resident

All taken care of: PayPal refunded me :righton:

2much Vinyl and Shawn like this.
  8. 2much Vinyl

2much Vinyl Well-Known Member

Now that they had to refund you the money it will take that much longer before they have any money to purchase the records I ordered, because of lack of funds.

Just kidding really I am glad you got a refund, if they had closed the doors and called it quits it might have been a challenge to get your money back.

9. Seth

Seth Forum Resident

Hey everyone - first of all, I'm so sorry if anyone experienced any frustration trying to get a hold of us lately. We are in the process of making a ton of changes (for the better) but it's put us further behind that we had anticipated. We have hired some additional warehouse and customer service help to get orders out and respond to emails and calls quicker. We are still not 100% there, but we really do appreciate all of your patience and continued support.

If you need immediate assistance and you aren't able to get through on the phones, please email our customer service manager directly - Mary: mary@soundstagedirect.com.

Again, thanks for bearing with us.
    -Seth

Reese likes this.
  10. Denti

Denti Forum Resident

Seth,
    It's appreciated that you are posting here. You have made similar posts in the past, though, and it really doesn't seem like changes are being made. Or if they are, not fast enough. You are fast losing the confidence of your customers.
    I for one am not happy being charged for items that were supposed to be in stock within a week only to have to wait multiple weeks. That's not right.
    And I called and left a message, but no one called back.

11. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

Fellow board members, the writing is on the wall, and the evidence many have given should be clear: don't order from SSD. Give your hard-earned dollars to a local or online retailer who will respect both your time and money. The anecdotal indictments on this site (mine included) should give anyone here pause before clicking "buy" with this retailer.

Pug, Shawn, misterclean and 4 others like this.
  12. EdogawaRampo

EdogawaRampo Forum Resident

Same experience here.

I preordered an item in May, prepaid, the item was released June 29th, most every one who ordered from a different vendor has and is enjoying theirs, I check back for a week and the status of my order read "processing", I send multiple emails none of which got a reply, tried to phone but found only an answering service, then launched a PayPal case, which got SSD's attention, and now I'm waiting the "5~7 days" to have my prepayment refunded.

Having emails ignored is one thing, but it only takes seconds for me to make a payment. I assume the reverse is also true.

Unacceptable. Never again.

Bake, The Wall and googlymoogly like this.
  13. Bake

Bake Active Member

If they were honest up front on the website and made folks aware of the fact they were working through some changes and let them know what the deal is up front it might help. I’m just thinking something along the line last of “We will offer you a good price, fast shipping times, and take your money immediately but please understand we are currently working through some changes and shipping times may delayed by 1-2 months depending, thank you for your patience”

14. RTurner

RTurner Forum Resident

They just shipped 2 of my outstanding pre-orders that had 'processing' status. I'm good with them.

15. maxDaxe

maxDaxe Member

After one month and a half they didn't refund my money. I bought a Kirmuss Audio vinyl cleaner. They cannot send to me. No money, no answer. Thieves?

16. bmh5879

bmh5879 Forum Resident

They're killing me. I vowed to never buy from them again but then stupidly jumped on the Tom Petty box when they were the first to (falsely) advertise it as some sort of limited rare find.

I canceled and am still waiting for my money 2 weeks later. This is just unacceptable. They've been apologizing and making excuses for about 2 years now - it's always something.

I can honestly say that I've ever received such poor customer service from any online retailer in 20 years of buying online.

17. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Decisively Indecisive

Sadly, I'm gonna' have to let them go. If your order hits backorder status, which is not always apparent at order time (web site showed in stock), you are in limbo.
    No responses to phone calls or e-mails. Last order went on for over a month with no updates or responses to repeated contact attempts.
    I tried for two weeks to cancel and only received an automate reply that it had shipped...why it shipped after I asked repeatedly for cancellation still puzzles me.
    Too many other options to deal with these kind of hassles.

18. HankM

HankM Forum Resident

I keep coming back to these threads just waiting to read they finally called it quits and closed for good. I just hope everyone gets refunded first. Took me 3 weeks to get my money back, than PayPal dispute along with better Business Bureau complaint. Received refund 3 days after opening both.

19. bmh5879

bmh5879 Forum Resident

This is what I am worried about. You cannot make an excuse for a refund to take so long. Obviously the issues are much more involved than some excuse about being in transition.

20. Slick Willie

My last issue (and order) was from early 2016. Seems this has been going on for awhile. I suspect more than technical/manpower issues afoot here.

21. misterclean

misterclean Forum Resident

So even the few LPs they have which appear to be "in stock" still might not actually be in stock? Wow.

pghmusiclover likes this.
  22. Slick Willie

That has been my experience.
    But in their defense lets say they have one copy left and you and I order within seconds of each other - yours is filled - mine goes to BO status.
    I am then locked in to the purchase, no communication, no way to cancel. That is what concerns me.

23. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

I recently grabbed a TT from them that was on sale and had absolutely no issues. I guess maybe the hardware biz is their focus now?

24. bmh5879

bmh5879 Forum Resident

They need to stop taking music orders then and endlessly offering 20% coupon codes to draw in more customers which will only be disappointed.

Dave, GentleSenator and Bake like this.
  25. HankM

HankM Forum Resident

Every week they send these coupon codes out. Now if you check their website most items are 7-10 days to ship. Few weeks ago it was 3-7 days. They can not have much media inventory at all and they are short on money to acquire the media they need to fulfill orders.