South Park Seasons 21, 22, & 23*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Derek Slazenger, Sep 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goodiesguy

goodiesguy Confide In Me

Yep that was the one. P.C. Principal has to be one of the funniest characters they've introduced in a long time:

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

Last night was pretty funny. What say you all?

Derek Slazenger and Matthew Tate like this.
  3. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I'm underwhelmed with this season. Except for the Ancestry.com episode, none have tickled me.

Keith V likes this.
  4. Last night was more miss than hit. I don't mind Heidi being Cartman's girlfriend but that recurring sub-plot has become repetitive.

5. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I enjoyed all the scenes of her taking forever to get ready and him trying to deal with it. But yeah, they could probably move on from his relationship and I wouldn't miss it. I did think Randy and all his witch buddies were funny.

goodiesguy, Keith V and Matthew Tate like this.
  6. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

Yeah. They “cracked” me up :hide:

goodiesguy and agentalbert like this.
  7. Derek Slazenger

Derek Slazenger Specs, rugs & rock n roll Thread Starter

I think this whole series is excellent so far :)

8. rjp

rjp Senior Member

21 seasons........and i have never seen a single second of a single show...:shrug:

9. I have seen every episode except the most recent and I will watch it soon enough. Overall I think South Park is one of the best TV shows ever, definitely top 10 for me, maybe top 5. In these crazy times of political correctness, a show that can make fun of everything is worth its weight in gold to me. Maybe two-thirds of the episodes have been good in my opinion. It is easy to see why it isn't for everybody.

goodiesguy, Humbuster and agentalbert like this.
  10. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

I like hard-partying Randy episodes so the latest was a good one to me. The season overall has been ok but not great.

The joke about Cartman's girlfriend taking too long to get out of the witch's bag cracked me up.

11. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Dayman, fighter of the Nightman

I'm really enjoying this season so far, more so than the last few seasons. I know we'll never get pre season 12 quality again but I still think the show is hilarious. I'm glad Matt and Trey are still up to doing it. The one thing I do miss is Garrison being himself back in South Park.

Derek Slazenger and goodiesguy like this.
  12. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I didn't. That gendered stereotype has been done to death for decades. It wasn't clever, it wasn't funny. The whole episode sucked, bigly.

13. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

The latest episode was the first one this season that I really disliked. It barely kept my interest.

14. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I agree. What a horrible episode this one was.

15. S. P. Honeybunch

S. P. Honeybunch Presidente de Kokomo, Endless Mikelovemoney

It was more Scooby Doo than South Park.

16. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

This latest episode has one of the funniest sad endings I've seen on the show in a while (since the famous one with Stan hiding his drinking). Wow! What a way to use the Heidi storyline.

17. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

I haven't watched it yet, but kids being slaughtered by distracted drivers sounds a lot like everyone being slaughtered by geriatric drivers.

18. S. P. Honeybunch

The Kyle/Cartman/Heidi love triangle is a great idea and the show executed it well. Also enjoyed the interaction with Token's family, as we haven't seen much of them for much of the show's run. This was the overall funniest episode from this season so far, even though the Garrison stuff fell flat.

Deesky likes this.
  19. pokemaniacjunk

pokemaniacjunk Forum Resident

I can't wait till the next episode to see what happens next

20. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Yeah, it was great. They really nailed the nature of some types of dysfunctional relationships and the circumstances what sustain them while being hilarious and sensitive at the same time. Tough balance to pull off!

21. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I liked the bit with Token's family, and the end where Cartman has turned Heidi against Kyle was good for a laugh. The rest of this week's episode didn't do much for me, though. I enjoyed the quick Dumbo "pink elephants on parade" reference, but it didn't make me laugh.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  22. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

Also the Garrison part where he's corrected on the pronunciation of Niger and Garrison thinks he's just being fancy about saying the racial slur. That was some darkly hilarious stuff. What makes it especially funny to me is that I saw that Nixon tapes documentary and hearing an actual president use the real slur is pretty shocking and bizarre... so Garrison using it is obviously in his character and also sadly historically accurate to that post.

Humbuster and Matthew Tate like this.
  23. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Dayman, fighter of the Nightman

Great episode. I always love it when they throw actual real videos.

24. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Cautionary Example

D.D.

25. S. P. Honeybunch

Enjoyed the recent NFL/water bears episode with the visuals of a stadium filled with water bears watching an NFL game along with a few humans. It reminded me of the Family Guy or Simpsons parody of the low numbers of WNBA fans.

Matthew Tate likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.