Speaker Rec. for PrimaLuna Prologue 2 (budget-driven)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Subagent, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Subagent

Subagent down the rabbit hole, they argue over esoterica Thread Starter

Hello All,

I've offered to put together a system for my sister and brother-in-law, using mostly gear that I have in storage. It will be the PrimaLuna Prologue 2 (from the 1st gen of PL releases), an as yet undetermined CDP, and a pair of speakers that I have yet to acquire. Cables and cords are taken care of.

So speakers. I don't want to put more than $500 into them. I do have a set of stands to donate, so they needn't be floorstanders. I know that used is the way to go, but I'm more inclined toward new for ease of transaction, warranty, etc., etc.

What I see out there is Elac, Wharfdale, Dali, PSB, Klipsch, etc. Do any of you PrimaLuna owners use a speaker that can be picked up for $5oo or less? Any recommendations based on a 40W/ch KT88 powered amplifier in a smallish living room? Oh, I also see that Underwood is closing out LSA .5 @$399/pr. any experience with these?

Thoughts, suggestions, and warnings (dire and otherwise) are welcome!

Thanks,

Chris

2. Helom

Helom Forum member

SandAndGlass likes this.
  3. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

Cornwall of course!

SandAndGlass likes this.
  4. Subagent

Subagent down the rabbit hole, they argue over esoterica Thread Starter

Ah ha. The perfect Christmas gift (as that is when I will see them next to hand off the system)! The brother-in-law is handy, and can finish it to their taste.

Helom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.