Speakers for Electrocompaniet NEMO amps?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by antonkk, Feb 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

Cool. Sounds good. And that's right, after the smoke has cleared, 1 will stand victorious.

Best of luck to ya. :cool:

2. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member Thread Starter

Well, my 800 Diamonds arrived 2 days ago and after initial burn in I can say I'm friggin' blown away! My current cables are crap (and my NEMOs run on stock power cords - waiting for big Synergistic Research package!) but I just played Manowar's Louder than hell at exactly that kind of volume and may I say - they sound monumental. Powerful as ****! This speakers totally pound your balls into your sofa like a hammer of Thor! I can only imagine how they will sound once the breakin' in is complete and some fine cables are installed!

3. KT88

KT88 Senior Member

Good lord man, can you get a refund?! :laugh:
    -Bill

4. antonkk

Played some Steely Dan, Dire Straits, jazz etc. - you know all the test stuff today - these speakers are by far the best I ever had. Now JBL 250 Ti are classic, I would even say great speakers with huge soundstage but miracles just don't happen - B&W 800 Diamond are another level completely. I'm sure that JBLs can stand their ground against even 801 Nautilus but not against these. I'm sorry JBL but you go on sale (wish I had the extra room for these monsters but I simply don't). 800 Diamonds are also a lot better than 802D. In every way possible.

5. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

One of the great all round speakers. From a smaller company they would be 3 times the price.

6. antonkk

...for my balls?:D

7. motorcitydave

That's cool you finally settled on something, and that you like them!

8. pabrognara

pabrognara New Member

holy **** my friend. I´m glad you were blown away with your 800 diamond. Man, how do you compare in the bass department with ur old JBL? I wonder the "smaller" drivers of 800diamond smoked your "big" and old JBL :D Congrats!! If they´ve played metal at its best I am sure they are able to do anything :)

9. Metralla

Interesting reasoning - chamber music, unaccompanied voice, piano concerto?

10. motorcitydave

I bet they will...:cool:

11. antonkk

Thanx folks! These speakers are indeed amazing and the best part is they are truly universal - they don't prefer one genre over the other. They have none of the 802's boxiness and muddy bass, but then again my current amps are another level from what I had with 802's (Mac 6900). Yeah, I guess I'm finally settled down as far as speakers go.

12. antonkk

Metal sounds amazing on 800's! I just played old japanese CD of British Steel which I often use for testing and I couldn't force myself to skip any of the tracks until they finished! I can't say that they smoke the old JBLs in terms of bass - these JBL are classic cult speakers not for nothing - their bass is enormous and bigger than 800's but the quality of inner detail, the soundstage, the overall flow of music with 800's are on another level.

13. Metralla

Wonderful.

14. antonkk

It would be really interesting to compare them to 801D but they sound so much better than 802D it's not even funny. Clarity and micro detail are astonishing, yet there is nothing analytical about the sound. You simply hear more.

15. motorcitydave

You're welcome! Sounds good. I hope you'll live with them for a while! :cool::thumbsup:

16. pabrognara

pabrognara New Member

That is really important. I´ve never heard the 800 diamond hope to get that privilenge soon!! In regard to the old 800D I heard it and found very analytical, so there must be an improvement I think even some people had written that the new diamond series sound more forward, detailed than the old series.

I´m really happy with your satisfaction. I own the 801D but I gotta listen to the 800 Diamond to check if there´ll be an improvement and If I´m gonna lose much bass. But who knows BW doesnt bring back the 801 in 2 or 3 years when they update the 800 series.

17. antonkk

Yes, they are a lot more open and detailed yet it's not "in your face lean and bright" detailed but "the window has been cleaned" detailed. I don't know - you simply hear 30-40 % more music in your records and just want to make it louder and louder! I don't think there's any bass loss here as well. The bass is fast punchy and powerful when needed. It's not old school fat, so maybe JBL/B&W801 fans will find it a bit lacking but this is not what I hear right now from Steve Harris galloping on my system on A Matter of life and Death CD. It's been a while since I heard 801Ds and you know I wanted to get them but believe me I don't miss them now! My audition to 801 Nautilus was much more recent and B&W 800 Diamond blow them away in all aspects.

18. motorcitydave

Very cool. You sound very happy with them.

19. motorcitydave

You never know. The demand will tell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.