Speakers that work close to back wall

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by james, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Here is a picture.... mom4m.jpg

2. DR.J

DR.J Forum Resident

I would agree with this. I get really good left to right imaging. There is depth, vocals appear to come from behind the speakers, but I know it's not as good as it could be. Life is a compromise.

3. gener8tr

gener8tr Senior Member

My JBL L100's are just about touching the wall... less than 6 inches away. Sound great to me.

4. jeffrey walsh

jeffrey walsh Senior Member

5. clgoss77

clgoss77 Forum Resident

I don't know if your preference is for new or vintage, but I've got my Klipsch KG-4s about a little more than a foot from the wall and tipped up slightly with doorstops and I think they sound amazing. I have a Polk subwoofer to cover the really low bass, but the bass from the Klipsch speakers is not thumpy at all with this set up.

[​IMG]

6. gener8tr

gener8tr Senior Member

Is that a Pioneer SX-1050 I see there?

7. DR.J

DR.J Forum Resident

Ya good question. I had one in the day. Loved everything about it except for the FM tuner: always through it was weak. Otherwise, a great receiver.

8. gener8tr

gener8tr Senior Member

Notorious for trouble with the FM tuner section, Doc. I have one and love it a lot, but I've had to turn the FM MUTING to the OFF position. There's an inherant problem with a faulty relay. It was discussed at Audio Karma several times. Not a big deal, really, but a final solution (other than turning OFF the FM MUTING) has gone unresolved, even with some of the most renound technicians in the USA on the case.

DR.J likes this.
  9. Jtycho

Jtycho Forum Resident

Used Audio Note K's could fit the bill well. They're made to be placed in corners but also work well just close to the back wall, as mine are in my living room. These are wonderful speakers that can be had at a great price. I'd take these over Harbeth's any day of the week (and I like Harbeth's).

10. Ken Clark

Ken Clark Forum Resident

I agree, I've had Cornwalls against a back wall and they were fantastic and I bet the Brio would be terrific with them. I'd still have them except for the WAF.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.