Spider-Man Homecoming 2017

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Veech, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

I'm in!

melstapler likes this.
  2. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Interesting. Animated eyes like deadpool.

3. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I really like the look of it, and Tom Holland is very well-cast. It's the first time I believed somebody in that role was actually a high school student.

4. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

They got the Spidey humor right. Thats a big plus. It gets a little over the top with the cgi at the end. Spiderman is my all time favorite by far and none of the other movies got it right. The first series just flat out sucked imo. And then they got the humor right but had poor writing and lame-o storylines. Here is hoping they finally get the real feel of the comicstrip Spidey.

Somebody must care about this character a lot, they keep trying. I guess its like getting Superman wrong though. imo, Spidey is a top three superhero.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    melstapler likes this.
  5. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Yeah, meh. But not too distracting I suppose.

Manimal likes this.
  6. keefer1970

keefer1970 Metal, Movies, Beer!

Looks promising... I didn't mind the two Andrew Garfield films but they were both ultimately forgettable. (in other words: I saw'em both, I remember enjoying 'em both at the time, but now when I think back I really can't tell you a damn thing about what went on in either one of 'em.)

Spidey's cameo in "Captain America: Civil War" was fun, the new kid seems to have the characters' wisecracking delivery down pat, which is a major plus.

Not sure that it's necessary to have Downey Jr./Iron Man in there acting as Spidey's apparent mentor, though. In the early comics, part of Spidey's charm was seeing him figure out his powers/abilities by himself, as he went along.

Michael Keaton as The Vulture? Shoot yeah, I'm in. :D

lightbulb and Vidiot like this.
  7. Kossoff is God

Kossoff is God Forum Resident

What does that have to do with... anything?

Rasputin likes this.
  8. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

It shows a desire to move beyond the standard casting and push the envelope with people who believe that the comics must be adhered to slavishly. This is 2016, not the 60's. Good for them.

9. pretty good trailer. I liked Sam Raimi's Spider-Man with Tobey Maguire, the newer ones didnt do much for me. This version, however, looks pretty good. The way they animate his facial expressions on the suit is pretty cool. I can dig this new kid as Spiderman as he doesnt seem to be a "try hard". Also, good stuff bringing in Michael Keaton. He pretty much paved the way for these comic book live action films.

Love the MGMT song in the trailer.

10. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Agreed, in the comics spider is one of those heroes NOBODY knows his identity. Not sure either about the Stark mentor thing. I usually dig these marvel movies anyhow.
    My favorite SM movies have been the last two.

11. Rasputin

Rasputin Forum Resident

Yeah. Progressive identity politics feels so very modern & fresh. :rolleyes:

ArpMoog likes this.
  12. Thievius

Thievius Blue Oyster Cult-ist

Looks like this could be a fun movie.

Not saying they got it exactly right either (what film does) as Dunst was miscast, but Spider-man and Spider-man 2 were excellent films. Which made the drop in quality of 3 even more of a head scratcher. That one, I agree, was a flat out bad movie.

13. Cool. Like Keaton as the Vulture (finally! Somebody besides the Green Goblin!) cool costumes.

melstapler likes this.
  14. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

better than the alternative, I always say

BeatleJWOL and smilin ed like this.
  15. Rasputin

Rasputin Forum Resident

You mean like the success of the new ghostbusters movie?

ArpMoog likes this.
  16. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

3rd reboot of a franchise in 15 years..... way to go, Hollywood. :rolleyes:

Matthew Tate likes this.
  17. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Oh no, Tony Stark? I'm so over that character. Sigh. Too bad.

I like the Toby ones, including 3. The last two, not so much. . . at all. I may stay home for this one.

GregM likes this.
  18. Luke The Drifter

Luke The Drifter Forum Resident

This is Marvel's first crack at Spidey, and that should make all the difference.

I like the first Toby one. Any film will The Macho Man is alright by me. "Bonesaw is readdddyyyyyyy!"

Old Rusty likes this.
  19. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

heh

20. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Hollywood??? try Sony/Columbia Pictures instead, I'm with you on the derision I think it's ridiculous how this character has been handled in film and I think the latest re-boot looks awful. My $$ will remain in wallet.

21. dynamicalories

dynamicalories Forum Resident

I woulda gone to see this if it was Donald Glover playing Miles as Spider-Man. They've done the Peter Parker movie 5 times now.

[​IMG]

22. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

It's been done.........

23. Whoopycat

Whoopycat Forum Resident

Can't wait for this to come out. Spidey stole the show in the civil war movie. I love that this Spidey is more like the classic Ditko-era Spidey.

Vidiot likes this.
  24. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Loved it and can't wait for movie.

25. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

This is going to be awesome. I love the superhero Marvel movies and the fact that Spiderman is finally part of the marvel cinematic universe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.