Spiderman 2 at IMAX

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by mark renard, Jul 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark renard

mark renard Senior Member Thread Starter

Has anyone seen Spiderman 2 at an IMAX theater? If so what is your feedback?

2. uncle

uncle Senior Member

I am interested in the responses as well. I hope to see it next Monday.

3. MITBeta

MITBeta New Member

I saw it at the drive-in this past weekend... but I guess that doesn't count.

I saw the Matrix (the second one) in IMAX. It was almost overwhelming...

4. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

I've seen it twice on regular screens and love it so much it's hard to put into words. It's so seldom that film-makers get it right when it comes to comic-book movies. I'm on tour right now and was hoping to see it on my favorite screen, the Cinerama-Dome in Hollywood, but I missed it by just a few days!!! (Damn!!!)

Anyway, when I get back to good old NYC, I'm making a bee-line for the IMAX!!!!

5. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

I should check to see if it's going to be at the IMAX at Henry Ford Museum.

6. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

It starts on August 27th. Tickets have been on sale for about a week, now. Harry Potter is showing currently. The other one that I might check out one of these days is "NASCAR 3D: The IMAX Experience".

Regards,

7. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

Is this truly an IMAX film (Spidermann 2)?
    If not, don't they just enlarge the picture for the IMAX screen?
    I saw Minority Report on an IMAX screen and the picture was soft due to the enlarged picture.

Joe L.

8. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

The picture of Minority Report was also soft because it was shot that way. :D

It is analagous to watching 70mm presentations of 35mm origination films. It will not look as good as a film actually shot in the IMAX format, but it should be far superior to any 35mm presentation created from the same generation source element. Throw into the mix the fact that IMAX theaters tend to have a better track record at proper audio and video set-up and presentation than your standard multiplex (inclusive of print creation), and it usually wins by another notch or two.

Regards,

9. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

My ex saw that at IMAX the day it opened. I haven't been there yet, myself. I may if Star Wars: ROTS plays there, provided it's not edited way down like a prior one was.

10. Neil Y

Neil Y New Member

They did a great job with Spiderman 2, it almost surpasses the first one. :) I've seen it twice and am planning on seeing it at least one more time.

As for great comic book movies, I drove down to the San Diego Comic Con last weekend and saw a preview of Electra. Although Daredevil was mediocre, Jennifer Garner played a great part and the spin off looks like an awesome movie. And filming starts on the Fantastic Four next month and they introduced the four main stars and the director was talking about the script and the direction he is taking the movie in. Can't wait for that one.

11. ZIPGUN99

ZIPGUN99 Active Member

I can only echo Dave's comments.
    Besides NYC, it's at the IMAX at New Roc City, New Rochelle, N.Y. Cool place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.