SPIRIT - It Shall Be : The Ode & Epic Recordings 1968-1972

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by moops, Dec 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbuzby

pbuzby Senior Member

I think they're on Time Circle. They might have considered including the mix of "Ice" from that set which I believe runs a minute longer than the version from Clear.

2. fast'n'bulbous

fast'n'bulbous tight also

All the things that are tagged "Time Circle mix" above are marked as "remixed" in the Time Circle booklet, with no omissions either way. It is odd they didn't include the long version of Ice.

I always thought Chronicles was a quasi-official release but I guess not. It has 5 nice outtakes from the first album. Other than that all the bonus tracks from the expanded CDs and all the unique Time Circle tracks (except ICE) appear to be here. And there's nothing here that's not on those releases, except the mono first album.

slipkid likes this.
  3. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Wonder iof the repiutation of Feedback will be salvaged by this at all. I've always maintained that it ain't that bad.

Gumboo and zphage like this.
  4. pbuzby

pbuzby Senior Member

I had some negative posts here about Feedback but lately I think it's fun, and Christian Staehely plays some hot guitar. Not in a league with the albums before it though.

Gumboo, Larry Geller and zphage like this.
  5. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Danke. Saved me some $$! I have Chronicles and all the re-releases with bonus tracks already.

docwebb likes this.
  6. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

The Mono first album is why this CD listener pre-ordered. :) Lots of time to change my mind.

7. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

Got this message this morning:

"Hello from Amazon.ca.

We're sorry to report the release of the following item has been cancelled:

Spirit "It Shall Be: Ode & Epic Recordings 1968-1972"

Although we'd expected to be able to send this item to you, we've since found it won't be released after all. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience we've caused you."

Really? Puts a pall all over my day. Still waiting on Clear from Audio Fidelity.

8. boboquisp

boboquisp Magic Prism Eyes

No!

keyXVII likes this.
  9. lemonade kid

lemonade kid Forever Changing

It is on CD 1...as is their 1968 release. But that is moot now. And a bit redundant with Steve's masterful efforts for Audio Fidelity.
    Was wondering about the person who mastered the above cancelled project anyway & if it would be brickwalled?!

I'll stick with Steve's Audio Fidelity remastered complete albums. "1968" is on my treasures shelf, and is now perfect.

When will we see the rest, Steve?!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  10. allbrosca

Just looking around and it is still listed on Amazon US with a March 23 release date so I put in a pre-order there, but not optimistic. The ca listing says currently unavailable.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  11. Ignatius

Ignatius Forum Resident

I shelled out for separate Sony cds with bonus tracks although I wasn't happy about sound quality, and Feedback as well. Will I buy again? (well, yes)

12. chickendinna

chickendinna Homegrown’s All Right With Me

I ordered mine from Amazon UK. I have not received a cancellation notice although I would expect to get one. I checked Amazon US and it's still listed. I'm holding out hope.

13. Mixfo

Mixfo Forum Resident

14. Sidewinder43

Sidewinder43 Forum Resident

I received a notice from Amazon UK saying that the release had been delayed from Feb to March.

15. Bill Pratt

Bill Pratt New Member

The Canada Amazon site now has the March release date. It hasn't been cancelled.

16. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Great band, I'll possibly get this one.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  17. wildstar

wildstar Senior Member

But only the first three words of the liner notes, for which his estate will be unsuccessfully sued in 2067

kwadguy likes this.
  18. andy749

andy749 Senior Member

I think it's really good. Underrated.

19. allbrosca

Yes. I saw that so I cancelled my Amazon US order. Slightly cheaper than the order .ca cancelled on me.

20. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

So, outside of the mono mix of the first album, there's very little here if you already have Time Circle and the cheap 5CD Sony box, right?

21. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

The remaining Model Shop tracks.

22. Further

Further Forum Resident

Released tomorrow, March 16. Hope it sounds good.

23. Crossfire#3

Crossfire#3 Forum Resident

A
    Apart from mono album, how much more here than on Time Circle and expnded cd's?

24. pbuzby

pbuzby Senior Member

As Platterpus mentioned above, The Model Shop soundtrack, and the original mix of Family That Plays rather than the remix from the 1996 Sony CD.

moops likes this.
  25. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Has anyone received this set?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.