Spiritualized : And Nothing Hurt (Sept. 7th)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by TheWarmth, Jun 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Ugh. I had pre-ordered the deluxe vinyl MONTHS ago, and as they were preparing shipment, they cancelled my order because my idiot credit card declined the charge (being from overseas, or whatever).
    Ended up getting it from amazon - thankfully it was a bit cheaper, though I hope it wasn't pressed in the US.

2. Zapruder

Zapruder Just zis guy, you know?

Three spins so far, easily my favorite since Let It Come Down, and I'm a huge fan of all of their albums.

3. TheWarmth

TheWarmth Forum Resident Thread Starter

I would say it's his best since Ladies & Gentlemen. Definitely a masterpiece. It's too bad there isn't more conversation here about it. It'll certainly be in my top 3 albums of the year come December.

4. CaseyJames

CaseyJames Relaxed Fit Jeans Vibe

Can't wait to get my hands on this tomorrow! You guys got me excited!

Oyster Boy likes this.
  5. brownsound2112

brownsound2112 Forum Resident

A little bit worrying that I could pull up a pair of Row J’s in the stalls for the London show just yesterday. With a full choir and orchestra too!

What chance of a fullness UK tour if London is selling poorly? :cry:

6. This is a wonderful album, it has everything I'd want. I need to give it some more listens to really let it sink in. I can't choose a favorite song at this point.

I think the reason there hasn't been a lot of discussion is because the album isn't formally out until tomorrow.

7. Lemon Curry

Lemon Curry (A) Face In The Crowd

Arrived today! Will listen this evening.

Love the orange vinyl, booklet is cool. Would have been nice if some images were other than from the I'm Your Man shoot, but that's a quibble. The are all very rich and sharp.

Looking forward to first spin!

Gavinyl likes this.
  8. FredHubbard

FredHubbard Forum Resident

i'm loving this. I think if it had ''heading for the top'' off the last elpee on it, it would be his best since 'Ladies & Gentlemen', its a corker. ''lets dance'' blows me away. the horns on a few of these toons sound fantastic.

I wonder if the 20 odd trax he recorded with Youth a few years ago will ever surface?

Oyster Boy and Gavinyl like this.
  9. meandafoe

meandafoe Forum Resident

Just listened to the album on Spotify and I like it a lot, need to buy a vinyl now. This is definitely much better than his last 2 efforts (SHSL in particular). Gutted I'm out of town when they play with choir & orchestra. If somebody puts a gun to me head and forces me to chose best gig I have ever been to I'd say Spiritualized playing "LaGWAFiS" with full support either a year(2 years?) ago at Barbican or in 2009 at the Royal Festival Hall

10. brownsound2112

My orange special edition has arrived - no download code anywhere - it was advertised as coming with one - am I missing something...

11. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

Who cut the vinyl?

jimhb and SoundDoctor like this.
  12. Lemon Curry

Mine was stuck deeply in the album jacket. Give another look.

13. Lemon Curry

So, here is a vinyl review.

It's... ok. The album clearly was conceived in a digital domain. Things we've come to expect in digital, like a little clipping in the crescendos, are present on the vinyl, and frankly don't translate as well in the analog domain. I would have loved to hear a distortion-free mix on the vinyl, but alas it's probably the same source.

Also, they crammed a lot of material onto two sides, and a casualty of that is that the low-end is reduced as compared to the digital version.

Those things said, it's a pretty lively pressing, unlike many other digitally-sourced vinyls that end up sounding flat.

3 stars out of 5.

Edit: I don't know if the masters were digital or analog, but the mix absolutely feels digital. This isn't specified in the liner notes.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  14. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Effing amazon canceled my order, and doesn't even have the damned thing in stock on release date - not the vinyl, not the CD, nothing but the MP3.
    No wonder physical formats are dying - they're being killed off intentionally. When you can't get a record on release day, even on amazon, why bother. Last Spritualized album, I waltzed into Best Buy and got it there - now, even if they still carried CDs, no way in hell would they carry something like this. [/ran]

15. brownsound2112

Ah, found it. A sticker on the inner sleeve...:edthumbs:

Solvethebox likes this.
  16. Yeah, mine had a download card as well.

17. jpmosu

jpmosu a.k.a. Mr. Jones

I pre-ordered the CD and, even with Amazon Prime, they've listed a delivery for Wednesday of next week.

Don't know what happened to this one...

18. brownsound2112

4 tracks in...this is fantastic...

Oyster Boy likes this.
  19. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

I ordered the Vinyl Deluxe Set as the price was great on Amazon and also the CD yesterday. I did not get a Cancel notice, but says will arrive by Tuesday. I guess will know once I get a Shipping Notice to verify. I will let others on here know if my order gets canceled though.

20. Echoes71

Echoes71 Forum Resident

The same thing happened to me with the new Grateful Dead release...Amazon has always been so good about getting pre-orders in your hands on release date, but apparently that is no longer a given.

Thankfully, I have a copy of the new Spiritualized on hold at my local Bull Moose. Can't wait to get off work and grab it!

jpmosu likes this.
  21. brownsound2112

I think it’s fantastic - and as per, the artwork and pictures in the deluxe booklet are superb and certainly go hand in hand with the music.

Hope it’s a massive success.

22. Thomas Casagranda

Thomas Casagranda Forum Resident

Oh boy ! This is fantastic

23. marigoldilemma

marigoldilemma Forum Resident

Well, it came out today, so give us a chance. II' hoping it will be at home when I get there.

24. CaseyJames

CaseyJames Relaxed Fit Jeans Vibe

Just grabbed my copy at Bull Moose on white vinyl. Downloading tracks now...

25. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

As of now, they don't even have a date for the vinyl or CD, just "order now and we'll ship when available".
    I swear, this happens to almost every release I want - and while this isn't some huge release, it's not that obscure either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.