Spot Meters

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by aashton, Nov 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aashton

aashton Here for the waters... Thread Starter

I need a new Spot Meter - one that does 1°- 4° spots, anyone have any recommendations or things to avoid ?

All the best - Andrew :)

2. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

3. petzi

petzi Forum Resident

If you really only want a spot meter, then the Gossen Spot Master is the right choice. A very precise instrument, and with a wide range for measurement for both flash and permanent light. It can only make 1° measurements, though, and it is not cheap. I used to have one until it was stolen from me, together with my Arca Swiss camera and 3 Schneider Kreuznach lenses... :whine:

There are two decent combined meters available, that can make incident and spot measurements. Both can also measure flash.

1. Gossen Starlite, which I bought recently. A decent device, well worth the money. http://www.gossen-photo.de/english/foto_produkte.html

2. Sekonic L-608.

I preferred the Gossen, because I think it is more "usable". But the Sekonic is very good, too.

You may want to buy photo equipment at Robert White Photographic: http://www.robertwhite.co.uk A very good supplier in England.

4. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Frankly, if you have a pooch with no spots, you'd not need to meter them, would ya? :confused:

5. petzi

petzi Forum Resident

You can spot-meter a pooch that has no spots. ;)

6. aashton

aashton Here for the waters... Thread Starter

Thanks for the heads-up chaps :)

I spent quite a while in the camera shop today and amongst other things came away with the Sekonic 608 that Petzi mentioned above - I got a deal on it that I couldn't refuse :laugh:

All the best - Andrew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.