Spotify is dropping Logitech Media Server support

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Kristofferabild, Jul 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kristofferabild

Kristofferabild Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. Larry Johnson

Larry Johnson Senior Member

This sucks. I love my squeezeboxes and have found no other device that can do all that they can do. I am subscribed to both Spotify premium and Tidal hi-fi but mostly use Tidal for the sound quality. This is a good reason to drop Spotify, although I'll miss having the Grateful Dead's "Dicks Picks" available.

3. skimminstones

skimminstones Forum Resident

Looks like I'll end up cancelling. I use it mainly in the car and on the odd occasion I may run it through my amp at home. If I can't do that anymore I'm not paying 10 pound a month to listen to music on the way to work. I'll just go back to listening to my own library on Google music in the car instead.

4. Kristofferabild

Kristofferabild Forum Resident Thread Starter

It did the trick described in the link and upgraded to an unofficial version of LMS. Everything is running smoothly and Spotify will keep working on my Squeezebox Touch.

5. Blue Gecko

Blue Gecko Peace

I don't use Spotify, but it is interesting that my Squeezebox is quickly becoming my oldest piece of audio hardware. And yet... it still does everything I purchased it for. Spotify and other various hardware and software products have come and gone.

c-eling likes this.
  6. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Love my Squeezebox. Still. [If only it did 5.1...]

Don't care about Spotify.

No problem here...

Blue Gecko likes this.
  7. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

No kidding. For the Touch I should of grabbed two when Amazon was dumping the last of their stock for around 200 bucks

Blue Gecko likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.