Springsteen Fans: Shea Stadium Pre Sale Pass Code

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by teaser5, Sep 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy Thread Starter

2. Geoman076

Geoman076 Sealed vinyl is Fun!!

Thanks Norm, but I'll be waiting for the Monday official sale. i only want to go to the last one or two (the rumour is 5 total). I also read that ticketmaster will be cross referencing to ensure that the people buying tickets are also Mets season ticket holders. You might want to chose overnight delivery just in case. They might not be able to catch them all!

Good luck!!

BTW, who's going to Fenway over the Weekend??

3. Jefhart

Jefhart Senior Member

Thanks Norm, you are a prince among men!!

I just scored 3 pretty decent, though not spectacular, seats for Oct. 3rd. Man, not much good stuff is going to be left for the general public sale on Monday.

Jeff

4. KBanya

KBanya Active Member

Pass code=gototheparkinglotnightofshowandgetticketsfor$20.

:p

5. Geoman076

Jefhart,

They don't usually sell the really good seats during the presale. With 3 more shows going on sale, there will be plenty of great seats. Good luck!

6. teaser5

presale

I got two singles for Friday night
    B1 row five and A7 row 20
    Ticketmaster has confirmed
    Of course I don't have them in hand yet but...

Cheers-
    Norm

7. Geoman076

I did that the last night of the Jersey shows last week. Paid a little more than $20, but it was worth it to not miss the world premier of "Cynthia"

There will be plenty of Shea Stadium tickets the night of the show.

8. Geoman076

Re: presale

Good luck. I hope the rumour about them checking for Mets season ticket holder verification are false. If you are planning to go to the last 2 also, see you there.

9. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Re: Re: presale

That might be very hard to do once you have confirmed tickets.

I once bought "pre-sale" tickets to a bunch of events at the PNC Bank Arts Center (a few years ago) that supposedly you needed an American Express Card in order to purchase. I had the password, and got into the events via Ticketmaster pre-sale - and where it told me to put my American Express card number I used my Mastercard (since I don't have an American Express). The tickets went through without a hitch, and were mailed to me as usual. No problems either when I got to the venue.

Sometimes I think this "pre-sale" stuff is a crock. If you can get the password, which is usually very easy to do, you are golden. But as was mentioned in this thread, many times the pre-sales don't always have the best seats in the house. They seem to be randomly distributed around the venue.

Anyway, I think I will pass on Springsteen at Shea, as I just saw him at Giants Stadium in July. I will wait for the next tour (if there is one).

10. teaser5

Besides:
    If you have Mets season tickets the Springsteen tix should be free

[​IMG]

Cheers-
    Norm

11. teaser5

Boss at Shea

Looks like a Saturday show is coming to Shea
    Goes on sale tomorrow
    Looking for that pass code again to make a weekend out of it.
    Cheers-
    Norm

12. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

There's no password for the 10/4 concert - it's all up for grabs the normal way!

10/4 will mark my 30th show of the tour - nice way to round out the 14 months!

13. teaser5

Damn. You got me and my eight shows smoked. That's pretty impressive
    Which was the best? So far I'd say my best was Philly last October
    Peace-
    Norm
    PS: Where you sittin' Saturday??

Attached Files:

14. Oatsdad

I can't claim to know which I liked best - they've all started to blend into one big lump! :D However, easily the coolest MOMENT was in Miami when Bono did "Because the Night" with Bruce. Most guest stars aren't really very interesting or good, but this was an AMAZING version - it completely lived up to any expectations one might have. Best Bruce show moment EVER!

As for Saturday, my seat's not that great: 29 rows back in the middle-front floor section. I improve Sunday with 10th row in NC, and it gets even better in Milwaukee - GA, baby! So far Shea's good to great: 20 rows back on the side floor for 10/1, fifth row center floor for 10/3. If I get GA for 10/4, I'll explode! I'll take anything in the "A" sections for that show, but I can always hope for the best...

15. CM Wolff

CM Wolff Senior Member

I never expected this, but according to Backstreets (quoted below), Bruce is getting an Essential set this year....

"ESSENTIAL" SPRINGSTEEN SET DUE IN NOVEMBER
    Bruce Springsteen is set to get Sony's "Essential" treatment, with a two-disc best-of compilation due on November 4. Do we really need another Greatest Hits collection for Springsteen? Considering that the 1995 offering doesn't include a song like "Rosalita," one could easily argue yes. A double-CD set can paint a fuller picture of Springsteen's career. But what should keep diehards happy about the two-disc release is... the third disc. That's right, Sony is planning a limited run of The Essential Bruce Springsteen to be packaged with a bonus disc of rarities: some hard to find, some previously unavailable on CD, some previously unavailable, period. Let the speculation begin... As with all things Bruce, we'd be wise to consider this subject to change; but that's Sony's current plan for a November 4 release. No track listing yet, but any and all new info will go right here.

16. teaser5

Wow. I would have loved to have seen that Miami show. I believe Dion did a song that night also.

I know what you mean about the guest stars. As much as I love Emmylou Harris she was a little bit overmatched on that stadium stage on 8/30
    Marah on the other hand came off good. Once in DC I saw Bonnie Raitt, Jackson Browne, Shawn Colvin, Bruce Hornsby and Mary Chapin sit it with Bruce. Not the most musical thing I have ever heard but still very cool

So Oat; how do you pull off going to all these gigs? I know that I have put a hell of a strain on my wallet and my marriage.

See you on Ticketmaster at ten tomorrow AM. I am also planning on meeting another fourm member Saturday as he waits in the GA line

Bruuuuce!
    Peace-
    Norm

17. Oatsdad

Yup - "If I Should Fall Behind". That was nice, but it didn't compare to "Because the Night". I'm surprised when I read different fan lists of fave moments from the tour, as Bono doesn't get all that many votes. I don't know if this is because other fans didn't think the performance was that great or because the folks who frequent these fan sites didn't go to Miami...

I'm single and independently wealthy! :D

So how'd you do this morning? I got a decent seat - A7, Row 21. Barely got that - error message popped up when I hit to process the order. I then got ANOTHER decent seat - B4, R2 - but another error message! LL the A7 went through but the B4 didn't. At least I got one!

18. teaser5

Got busy at work at ten and missed the boat
    I'll probably go on the streets and get hooked up one last time for this tour
    Each time I tell my wife it's a once in a lifetime opportunity
    So far this tour there have been nine such opportunities
    Such is the way of a Boss tour
    See you Saturday
    Peace-
    Norm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.